GoogleTVForum.org is the largest Google TV/Android TV Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Julian

Thread: Google "Chrome to Phone Extension", working for Logitech Revue!!!

Member #

Google "Chrome to Phone Extension", working for Logitech Revue!!!

If you got the Honeycomb update for your Revue, you can try this one:
    For your Revue go to Settings -> Input devices -> Chrome to TV and follow the instructions , then on your computer go to Chrome Web Store and add Google "Chrome to Phone Extension" to your browser,click the toolbar icon ,is gonna ask you to sign in using your gmail account .. now you can push links from your Google Chrome browser to your TV ...I like it
    Don't go to the android market to search for the corresponding app,there's no need for that unless you're using an android phone, for your Revue just follow the steps described above!

Google Chrome to Phone Extension
    Overview

Google Chrome to Phone Extension is a Google Chrome extension and Android application which enables you to easily send links and other information from your Chrome browser to your Android phone.
    For example, at a touch of a button you can push the Web page you are viewing on your desktop or laptop to your phone to view while on the go. You can also push driving directions from Google Maps to your phone, and even send phone numbers and other selected text to your phone.

Features
    • Send browser links from Chrome to your phone.
    • Google Maps links launch the Google Maps application on Android.
    • YouTube links launch the YouTube application on Android.
    • Selecting a phone number will automatically launch the dialer with the number populated.
    • Selecting text on a Web page will copy the clipboard to Android (long press a text box to paste on Android).
    • Right-click on a link or selection in a web page to send to your Android phone
    Problems

• "Device not registered for user" -- This error is reported by the Chrome extension if the Chrome to Phone Android application has not been installed and set-up.
    • Google Apps accounts are currently not supported.
    Privacy

Google Chrome to Phone Extension stores a mapping between your account name and a registration ID. No information sent to the phone is logged. At any time, you can press "Disconnect phone" on the Android Application to remove the mapping of your account name to registration ID.
    Last edited by Julian; 12-09-2011 at 07:54 PM.
    LadyAngler likes this.

Member #
    Thanks! Works great!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Love it! Adding this to the quick reference list.
    **Show Us Your GTV Whips**
    Dish 722K DVR (hdmi)--->Revue--->(hdmi) Panasonic TV- TC-P50S1
    Revue (Toslink)--->FiiO D3 Digital to Analog Audio Converter--->(RCA)Panasonic<ancient home theater> SA-HT720
    No Blu-ray Yet! :'-(

jTV
    Member #
    This stopped working a few weeks ago for me. I click the icon on pc but notihng happens on the TV. Anyone else?
    ----
    Logitech Revue
    check out my bookmarks for Google TV content

Member #
    Do you know how to disable it on Google TV? I only want Chrome-To-Phone to send the URL to my phone, not my TV.

thanks in advance!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Concept211 View Post
    Do you know how to disable it on Google TV? I only want Chrome-To-Phone to send the URL to my phone, not my TV.
    GTV Settings > Input devices > Chrome to TV > GTV Menu > Settings > Disconnect TV

Member #
    thanks so much!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Julian View Post
    If you got the Honeycomb update for your Revue, you can try this one:
    For your Revue go to Settings -> Input devices -> Chrome to TV and follow the instructions , then on your computer go to Chrome Web Store and add Google "Chrome to Phone Extension" to your browser,click the toolbar icon ,is gonna ask you to sign in using your gmail account .. now you can push links from your Google Chrome browser to your TV ...I like it
    Don't go to the android market to search for the corresponding app,there's no need for that unless you're using an android phone, for your Revue just follow the steps described above!

Google Chrome to Phone Extension
    Overview

Google Chrome to Phone Extension is a Google Chrome extension and Android application which enables you to easily send links and other information from your Chrome browser to your Android phone.
    For example, at a touch of a button you can push the Web page you are viewing on your desktop or laptop to your phone to view while on the go. You can also push driving directions from Google Maps to your phone, and even send phone numbers and other selected text to your phone.

Features
    • Send browser links from Chrome to your phone.
    • Google Maps links launch the Google Maps application on Android.
    • YouTube links launch the YouTube application on Android.
    • Selecting a phone number will automatically launch the dialer with the number populated.
    • Selecting text on a Web page will copy the clipboard to Android (long press a text box to paste on Android).
    • Right-click on a link or selection in a web page to send to your Android phone
    Problems
    • "Device not registered for user" -- This error is reported by the Chrome extension if the Chrome to Phone Android application has not been installed and set-up.
    • Google Apps accounts are currently not supported.
    Privacy

Google Chrome to Phone Extension stores a mapping between your account name and a registration ID. No information sent to the phone is logged. At any time, you can press "Disconnect phone" on the Android Application to remove the mapping of your account name to registration ID.
    How do I get to the settings to look for input devices?

Thanks

Member #
    Hit the home button, the menu button, then select system settings.

Ads