GoogleTVForum.org is the largest Google TV/Android TV Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #

Pandora cutting out frequently

I have the Sony Bluray device to access GTV.

Anybody having problems with Pandora cutting out in the middle of a song. This pattern repeats itself after about 5 songs. When this occurs I push pause and then play again and nothing happens. I then advance to the next song and everything is fine. Unfortunately this trend continues frequently.

I have a wired ethernet connection and truly don't believe it is a buffering problem.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by gerryger View Post
    I have the Sony Bluray device to access GTV.

Anybody having problems with Pandora cutting out in the middle of a song. This pattern repeats itself after about 5 songs. When this occurs I push pause and then play again and nothing happens. I then advance to the next song and everything is fine. Unfortunately this trend continues frequently.

I have a wired ethernet connection and truly don't believe it is a buffering problem.
    Known problem, widely reported on the Logitech Revue forum - another on the LONG LIST of fixes needed: Pandora stops after playing 4 or 5 songs - Logitech Forums

Member #
    I am also have this problem. I first thought it was a problem with one isolated unit, I had to change the GTV box because of a problem and I am finding the problem in the new box also. Seems there is some sort of bug with the application. It works fine when you access pandora through the chrome browser.

Member #
    Wow this was driving me NUTS. I fired up Pandora started cleaning my apartment. After a while I realized that the music had stopped (and I thought that maybe it was because i wasnt in the app anymore). I started it and I realized that it had stopped, again (then I thought well maybe its because of the screen saver). Now I started it yet again and I'm leaving app on the screen without the screen saver to see if that works (but reading what everyone else is saying, it might not). I'll update in a little bit I guess.

I have the Sony BluRay player...

Member #
    The Pandora app doesnt stop playing if you stay in the app and turn the screen saver off. Its been playing for about 2 hours now.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    So, screensaver kills the Pandora app? Interesting..sounds like the early days on my G1! LOL!

Member #
    It seems to be a known issue both with Sony and Logitech Google TV's. It doesn't matter if you use wired or wireless the app itself is buggy. I am curious what happens to people who have the Pandora subscription.

Ads