GoogleTVForum.org is the largest Google TV/Android TV Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #

Wireless Headphones for Google TV? Workaround fix?

Hello. I am a recent purchaser of Logitech Revue with Google TV and I think it's a great product.

Question: I use nice Sony wireless headphones that connect to my set-top box for use with my HDTV. When I am watching my TV, even when plugged in to Google TV, the wireless headphones work as you'd expect.

However, when I switch over to watch web-based content with Google TV, the headphones do not transmit that sound, they continue to transmit the set-top box sound because that is what they are plugged into (via red/white coaxial cables).

I have not been able to figure out a work around for this. Can anyone tell me how one can use a wireless headset to listen to audio displayed on the television from both the regular cable via set-top box, AND through the video/audio content available from Google TV?

Many thanks.

Member #
    You'd have to plug it into the Revue. If the wireless headphones only have analog audio connectors, then you'll need a digital to analog converter like one of these two:
    The difference in price is whether or not you want to support Dolby Digital and/or PCM.

In any case, this is the one I use PX5 Wireless Headset Dolby 7.1 Surround Sound and it plugs right into optical audio output.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Darren View Post
    Hello. I am a recent purchaser of Logitech Revue with Google TV and I think it's a great product.

Question: I use nice Sony wireless headphones that connect to my set-top box for use with my HDTV. When I am watching my TV, even when plugged in to Google TV, the wireless headphones work as you'd expect.

However, when I switch over to watch web-based content with Google TV, the headphones do not transmit that sound, they continue to transmit the set-top box sound because that is what they are plugged into (via red/white coaxial cables).

I have not been able to figure out a work around for this. Can anyone tell me how one can use a wireless headset to listen to audio displayed on the television from both the regular cable via set-top box, AND through the video/audio content available from Google TV?

Many thanks.
    Does your HDTV have analog audio output(red/white)? If so you should be able to turn off the TV speakers and use audio out from the display. I think many HDTVs have this feature and can convert audio input by HDMI to analog stereo out.

If not, do you have an AVReceiver to process audio for that display? I have one HDTV with a headphone jack and in another room, a surround sound system and either way, I can connect the wireless headphone transmitter and use wireless headphones. These options assume your wireless headphones can be used with headphone jacks and not just red/white audio output. I can use my Revue and wireless headphones with all three HD displays in my house but my wireless headphone transmitter can be connected to headphone jacks.
    Last edited by ChrisG8; 09-02-2011 at 06:56 AM.
    Den - TCD652160 TiVoHD OTA Lifetime/1.16TB, Sony NSZ-GS7, Sony NSZ-GT1, Vizio Co-Star, Roku LT, Chromecast
    MBR - TCD652160 TiVoHD OTA Lifetime/660GB, Oppo BDP-80, LG BD590, Sony NSZ-GT1, Roku 2 XS
    Home Theater - TCD746320 TiVo Premiere Lifetime/2TB, Oppo BDP-93, PS3, Sony NSZ-GT1, Alienware M15x Intel i7-740QM, Roku 2 XS

Member #
    Hi, have sony wireless headphone too, I just plugged them into the audio jack output on the back of my TV (Sharp Aquos) and now they play everything on my TV regardless to which input I use. When I put the tv on mute it continue to stream the audio via the audio jack output.

Your tv has probably the same kind of audio output option.

Member #
    You just need to plug them into the audio jack output on the back of TV.I have apple wireless headphones.Now i just decide to pick up a mobile phone signal jammer from jammerfromchina.com and to use it in my car.

Ads