GoogleTVForum.org is the largest Google TV/Android TV Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: ESPN3 CRASHES on GOOGLE TV PLEASE FIX

Member #

ESPN3 CRASHES on GOOGLE TV PLEASE FIX

Can someone pass this BUG to GOOGLE TV team and have them look into it. I believe it has something to do with a plugin failure. ESPN3, which is an incredible feature and benefit of google tv, crashes all the time!!!...
    Please fix this because this is a major PERK!!!!
    pnut8888 likes this.

Member #
    As far as I know Espn3 is blocked on google TV. I do not see an app for it on 'y google TV. Do you have an app?

Member #
    ESPN has never blocked ESPN3 from Google TV. However, a recent change either in the site or the latest Google TV software does cause many of the streams to become unresponsive. It has nothing to do with their being an app (since GTV doesn't allow apps yet).

Member #
    google tv needs to get its things together because i am really angry off at having my shockwave flash player crash and being forced to stare a strung out puzzle piece in the face when i should be watching my baby boy play basketball! (.Y.)

Member #
    I've had this happen a few times, too. Seems more prone when I'm watching full screen - and the screen just seems to freeze, but I can hear the audio. As far as the "sick" puzzle piece goes to indicate a flash failure - turn off your unit, wait a few seconds, then turn it back on and flash should be redeployed. Its a bit of a nuisance, and you'll lose a few minutes of game time, but at least you should be able to resume watching. SUggest, as well, staying with the small format ... but DO agree this is something that should be evaluated and fixed by Google. Note as well, this is something I've experienced with other streaming content, so its not simply an ESPN3 issue ... although, being a sports fan, that is the most frustrating to me, too.

Member #
    seriously though. I am going to return this google tv if this problem doesnt get fixed by next week. Without flash capabilities and an app market its basically just an online netflix player. with a blue-ray player. Tell me what is the difference between buying an hdmi cable and using my laptop to stream netflix and games (i.e. march madness) to my tv and spending 400 dollars on this device?

Member #
    Really bummed out to hear that ESPN3 is not working on GTV. Part of the reason for buying it was to be able to watch Aussie Rules on ESPN3. I also noticed I had the similar errors when trying to watch video on the afl website....screen freezes and audio only.

Hope this is something google plans on fixing.

Member #
    I've only had my TV for about 20 hours but I was having a ton of problems getting espn3 working on wireless G but I switched to wired and it started streaming. I was watching tennis in the highest quality for about 10 minutes. I bought this TV to watch college football on espn3 so please google/sony lets get this working!

Member #
    Who is your TV service provider? Mine is Comcast and when I go to ESPN3.com the page says "powered by Xfinity TV". This does not work at all on my Revue.. Absolutely horrible - I keep getting the Google pop-up that the page is unresponsive (asking me if I want to kill the page). I should of figured it would be terrible through Comcast/Xfinity. I'm sure Comcast is well aware that it doesn't work with Google TV - in fact I wouldn't be surprised if they purposefully saw to it that it was dysfunctional.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by CatfishRivers View Post
    Who is your TV service provider? Mine is Comcast and when I go to ESPN3.com the page says "powered by Xfinity TV". This does not work at all on my Revue.. Absolutely horrible - I keep getting the Google pop-up that the page is unresponsive (asking me if I want to kill the page). I should of figured it would be terrible through Comcast/Xfinity. I'm sure Comcast is well aware that it doesn't work with Google TV - in fact I wouldn't be surprised if they purposefully saw to it that it was dysfunctional.
    I got my revue yesterday and my provider is Comcast. I see that "powered by Xfinity TV" logo espn3.com too. I was frustrated by the "page is unresponsive" popups on every game I tried to load. I eventually decided to ride it out and kept hitting "wait" instead of "kill page". A couple of videos from the replay section I tested (a little league world series game and a spanish soccer game) did eventually load after a few minutes of hitting wait. Once they loaded they were very low quality to start with but moved up to high quality in a couple of minutes as whatever compression negotiation algorithm they run kicked in. The videos then played flawlessly (and at a pretty good HD resolution) for the 10-15 minutes that I tested. I did have a wired connection though (I didn't try waiting it out when I was on wireless). I then went back and tested the same games on my laptop, they took a while to load up there too. I suspect this is more an issue of chrome on the revue thinking the page has timed out (though the video does seem to take longer to load on the revue). I think I can live with this for now, because once the game you want to watch is loaded it seems to play pretty well. I'll try watching a whole game live this weekend and see how it goes.

Ads