GoogleTVForum.org is the largest Google TV/Android TV Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member #

Unhappy "The hd content of your repeater has been compromised" HELP!!!!!!!!!

Hello guys, I'm having a problem and ive been posting it in a bunch of forums but I can't seem to get an ansr.

Here goes: I've had my pace rng110 cable hooked up through my logitech revue(Google tv) and then out into my harmon kardon avr and then out to my tv and everything has worked fine. I recently decided I wanted an avr so I took my rng back and got the Motorola dch3416. So I adjusted the settings on the dvr and the Google tv and hooked it up and I would just get intermittent signals to the tv. It would send a video and or audio signal for about half a second then it wouldn't do anything and be black screen for about a second, it would just keep doing that. So I checked all the connections messed with all the possible settings but couldn't get if to work. Oh yeah, and somewhere in thee I had called comcast to have them troubleshooting and send there signals and what not but to no avail.

So I had the cable guy come out there the next day and he went through everything and decide.to try a newer dvr but he didn't have one so we use an older dvr, the Motorola dct3416, by the way on the lovitech revue website It lists both of these as compatible dvrs. So we hooked it up, adjusted the settings and the picture and sound came on for a second and the on the tv screen it read The HD content protection of your repeater has been compromised. All devices connected to your repeater will not be authorized to receive video over the digital link." So the cable guy thought it had something to do with the hdmi copyright protection either in the avr or the dvr. Oh yeah, and before when we had the first dvr hooked up we connected it straight to the avr without the. revue hooked up and it worked fine. So we tried the 2nd dvr hooked up without the revue and it akso worked fine. Then we hooked the 1st dvr back up again, the dch3416, hooked it up through the revue lime its suppose to be and now this one starte reading the same thing on screen about the content protection of my repeater. By the way its calling my avr the repeater for some reason.

So he did everything he could and said I needed to pick up Comcast newest dvr the Motorola dcx3400. So I went and got that one and hooked it up and it too is reading the same thing on the tv screen about content protection. It too works fine directly through the avr. I also fried all new hdmi cables In. case that was the problem but it wasnt. Also mh harmony kardon, my cables and the revue are all hdmi 1.3 so i dont see why its not working.

I called logitech and he told me to look on the help screen wich i
    I did whilei was on the phone with him and it states that the dct3416, dch3416 and the dvd3400 along with 3 other dvrs do not work when you hook them up to the revue and thru a dvr. It's the dvrs problem, if there's more than one thing hooked il between it and the avr it causes the dvr to display that message. This is a huge joke! One of the biggest cable companies, the three main dvrs and they don't work! Cmon! They soul have anticipated this and made a fix for it, this is a huge problem. Another thing he said was that thieving was a call he got all the time but yet he didn't have a list of dvrs that do work.

So my question to you guys is what Comcast dvr do I need to be able to work with my revue being ran thru my avr?

Super Moderator
    Member #
    IIRC, the Revue box should be next to last in line..tv is last (like a monitor)->Revue->AVR->cable box. At least that is the way I understood it (no personal experience).

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    IIRC, the Revue box should be next to last in line..tv is last (like a monitor)->Revue->AVR->cable box. At least that is the way I understood it (no personal experience).
    There's only 1 way it can go: cablebox to revue to avr to tv.
    Or if I didn't use my avr it would be: cablebox to revue to tv.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    OY! 4 different 'content protection schemes' on that dvr!
    DCH3416 All-Digital Set-Top with HDTV, Dual-Tuner DVR and M-Card - Features - Motorola USA

What is preventing you from hooking up GTV next to last? What breaks?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    OY! 4 different 'content protection schemes' on that dvr!
    DCH3416 All-Digital Set-Top with HDTV, Dual-Tuner DVR and M-Card - Features - Motorola USA

What is preventing you from hooking up GTV next to last? What breaks?
    I just meant that its suppose to go the way I have it. I did try it your way and the same thing happens, the screen says the same hd content protection thing and then it just goes green.

Member #
    So, this is just an idea, and really just a workaround for your situation, seeing as it doesn't seem like you're going to have luck with 'any' of the DVR's from Comcast.

Anyway, what you could try is this...

1. Connect your DVR-->Revue-->TV via HDMI
    2. Connect your Revue-->AVR using an Optical Toslink cable

This way you remove your AVR from the HDMI daisy chain, but still get all the benefits of digital audio through your AVR. The only downside being that you're back to switching inputs on your TV, instead of just switching inputs on your AVR. Better than your GoogleTV not working, I say... and it buys you time to find a better solution.

-John

Member #

works great

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderMS View Post
    So, this is just an idea, and really just a workaround for your situation, seeing as it doesn't seem like you're going to have luck with 'any' of the DVR's from Comcast.

Anyway, what you could try is this...

1. Connect your DVR-->Revue-->TV via HDMI
    2. Connect your Revue-->AVR using an Optical Toslink cable

This way you remove your AVR from the HDMI daisy chain, but still get all the benefits of digital audio through your AVR. The only downside being that you're back to switching inputs on your TV, instead of just switching inputs on your AVR. Better than your GoogleTV not working, I say... and it buys you time to find a better solution.

Yeah thanks, I've been avoiding doing it this way because I wanted to run it threw my avr via hdmi like everything else and get the best possible quality out of it. Plus I didn't want to have to wait h inputs on my tv as well, like you also stated. But I was forced to do it this way, at least til I can find an alternative. I'm very happy actually, I have my Google tv back and I can't tell a difference with the sound and the picture is noticeably better for some reason. I noticed it immediately, its weird I wasn't thinking about the picture at all and as soon as I hooked if up the was an extremely obvious difference. I don't know if my avr was diminishing my pi tire somehow or because I used a high quality( or at least expensive) hdmi cable, i don't know, but I'm very happy and thanks for the input. Even though I already knew how to it this way I didn't a tally do it until I read your post, I think it was be Aussie you said "its better than not having any goose tv," so thanks.

-John
    dddddd

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by joeydrunk1 View Post
    Yeah thanks, I've been avoiding doing it this way because I wanted to run it threw my avr via hdmi like everything else and get the best possible quality out of it. Plus I didn't want to have to wait h inputs on my tv as well, like you also stated. But I was forced to do it this way, at least til I can find an alternative. I'm very happy actually, I have my Google tv back and I can't tell a difference with the sound and the picture is noticeably better for some reason. I noticed it immediately, its weird I wasn't thinking about the picture at all and as soon as I hooked if up the was an extremely obvious difference. I don't know if my avr was diminishing my pi tire somehow or because I used a high quality( or at least expensive) hdmi cable, i don't know, but I'm very happy and thanks for the input. Even though I already knew how to it this way I didn't a tally do it until I read your post, I think it was be Aussie you said "its better than not having any goose tv," so thanks.
    You're welcome As for the picture quality difference, perhaps it was an HDCP issue that your DVR is having with your receiver. The DVR might've been downgrading the image quality because something wasn't 'compliant' with it's copy protection instructions. It likely has nothing to do with your HDMI cable. The $3 high-speed HDMI cables at monoprice.com will (in almost, if not all cases) produce exactly the same quality of image as the $700 one at Best Buy. Sorry you had to find this out after the fact

Interesting, according to Wikipedia, "HDCP allows for up to 127 devices to be connected together, with up to 7 levels, using a combination of sources, sinks, and repeaters.". That certainly isn't true in your case, which would mean Motorolla is not in compliance...
    Last edited by SpyderMS; 11-28-2010 at 01:46 AM.

Member #
    I too have the 3400 and get the same error message. I need to have the AVR right before the TV as I also have my XBOX hooked up to it.

What I ended up doing was running the revue to the tv, and then a separate optical line for the audio to the avr. so I still have the hdmi line going: cable>revue>tv
    just just make sure to set your avr to the right setting for your audio.

seems to work so far.....

of course, now I'm out of luck with the xbox....unless I take the tv off the wall & run another hdmi for the xbox
    Last edited by argylesocks; 01-01-2011 at 09:25 AM.

Member #
    Why cant u hook ur xbob up into your avr, thats Ihoure I have mine. I have my review hooked up like you, then I havw my xbox,bluray,and hddvd player run thru my avr and ran a second hdmi to tv. Mines on wall to, it was.kind of a pain.

Ads