GoogleTVForum.org is the largest Google TV/Android TV Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Best way to Stream From Computer?

Member #

Unhappy Best way to Stream From Computer?

I been Streaming Movie Since like almost a year and a half, As time goes by I downloaded more and more movies. and now the media player on google tv is just running slow and some movies just totally stop "working" like an mp4 files that were playing just fine and the next day it just stop working and pop up a message saying unsupported format or some kind of error saying unable to play it. I try using Tversity but apparently it doesn't support any cover art pictures, it just a long list of movies. so i stay with window media player. Anymore suggestion on what i should try, Something that is better then Tversity that has cover art picture for the videos.

Member #
    If you're looking for cover art you should try Mezzmo. It has great reviews. As far as supported formats check out the forums on the logitech website. You should have no problems playing mp4 format all my movies are encoded in that format. I use Tversity and it works 99.0% of the time. If it is running slow it might be your network connection. I have connected mine through Powerline Adapters not wifi so its like running ethernet cables. What's also cool is I use the search feature and I just type the name of the movie and it shows up in the results by scanning my media and I just play the file.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by sbtyper View Post
    If you're looking for cover art you should try Mezzmo. It has great reviews. As far as supported formats check out the forums on the logitech website. You should have no problems playing mp4 format all my movies are encoded in that format. I use Tversity and it works 99.0% of the time. If it is running slow it might be your network connection. I have connected mine through Powerline Adapters not wifi so its like running ethernet cables. What's also cool is I use the search feature and I just type the name of the movie and it shows up in the results by scanning my media and I just play the file.

I'll give Mezzmo a try.

Member #
    OK, so i gave mezzmo a try, and i set everything, create playlist, etc. and when i try to play a file on my google tv, unsupported format or corrupted file error pop up. But it seen that my tv show episode run fine but all my movies has an unsupported format or corrupted file error pop up.

Maybe mezzmo doesnt work with large files, maybe mezzmo only work with small file like tv show episode. well that my guesses, any suggestion on solving this problem?

Member #
    I don't use a DLNA server for playback of local files, since I don't have any, so my suggestions will just be a shot in the dark basically but if you can't get Mezzmo or TVersity to work, try Serviio since I have seen some high praise for it. I finally settled on PlayOn for my DLNA server needs and love it but I only use it for internet streaming from sites that block GoogleTV.
    Den - TCD652160 TiVoHD OTA Lifetime/1.16TB, Sony NSZ-GS7, Sony NSZ-GT1, Vizio Co-Star, Roku LT, Chromecast
    MBR - TCD652160 TiVoHD OTA Lifetime/660GB, Oppo BDP-80, LG BD590, Sony NSZ-GT1, Roku 2 XS
    Home Theater - TCD746320 TiVo Premiere Lifetime/2TB, Oppo BDP-93, PS3, Sony NSZ-GT1, Alienware M15x Intel i7-740QM, Roku 2 XS

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by trudinh View Post
    Anymore suggestion on what i should try, Something that is better then Tversity that has cover art picture for the videos.
    Try plexapp.com
    Sajpogi likes this.

Member #

ES File Explorer

I just use ES File explorer. All my other PC's and laptops are available in the LAN tab and it can stream all my videos and musics directly to my GTV.
    I also use File Expert, FTP Share folder option, to stream from my GTV USB HD directly to my other devices : Android Tablet, PC and Phone.
    Last edited by ColmARocK; 04-12-2012 at 05:39 AM.

Member #
    I 2nd Plex!
    It's awesome!

Member #
    Dont You have to pay like 2 dollars for the plex apps?

Member #
    Well worth it! It has a very slick interface. I use it more then any other app.Give it a try. You won't be disappointed

Ads