GoogleTVForum.org is the largest Google TV/Android TV Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: HBO GO Series Only Not Loading Anymore on Chrome.

Member #
    I know hbogo and maxgo are both working with my first generation sony google television. The way I have it set up was to use chrome to open up hbogo.com and then enter my dish tv info and then I pressed the star button to add a short cut to my all apps page.

By any chance are any of you that are having problems blocking ad sites with your router as in the past I had to disable that for some sites to work. Have you tried refreshing the hbogo website as I know in the past that I had problems with the googletvforum website not loading in the past until I refreshed the site as it seems google tv may be caching pages or seemed to for me anyway.
    32" Sony LED GTV - NSX-32GT1
    Using PlayOn to stream my media
    WDTV Live Plus via HDMI1
    Dish DUODVR 625 via Component
    Over The Air Antenna via the Cable In
    Connected via ethernet to Netgear WNR3500L

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by trallyus View Post
    I know hbogo and maxgo are both working with my first generation sony google television. The way I have it set up was to use chrome to open up hbogo.com and then enter my dish tv info and then I pressed the star button to add a short cut to my all apps page.

By any chance are any of you that are having problems blocking ad sites with your router as in the past I had to disable that for some sites to work. Have you tried refreshing the hbogo website as I know in the past that I had problems with the googletvforum website not loading in the past until I refreshed the site as it seems google tv may be caching pages or seemed to for me anyway.
    Scratch what I said as I just tried hbogo on chrome and it does not show series like the hbogo app does - It also looks like the app has some sort of facebook tie in as I see a facebook icon and it says 1.2 m next to it when viewing a season of boardwalk empire.
    32" Sony LED GTV - NSX-32GT1
    Using PlayOn to stream my media
    WDTV Live Plus via HDMI1
    Dish DUODVR 625 via Component
    Over The Air Antenna via the Cable In
    Connected via ethernet to Netgear WNR3500L

Member #
    I dropped an email to HBO GO support mentioning the browser issues Google TV users have been having. Here is their one-line response:

"Currently, HBO/MAX GO is not supported on Google TV."

So, even though the main Google TV website mentions HBO Go as an exciting content provider via the Chrome Browser, HBO themselves seem to have dropped support. I am concerned to say the least.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by ecd1973 View Post
    I dropped an email to HBO GO support mentioning the browser issues Google TV users have been having. Here is their one-line response:

"Currently, HBO/MAX GO is not supported on Google TV."

So, even though the main Google TV website mentions HBO Go as an exciting content provider via the Chrome Browser, HBO themselves seem to have dropped support. I am concerned to say the least.
    I don't believe HBO Go ever officially supported GTV. It just so happened that their web site used to be functional with the Chrome browser on GTV. There never was an HBO Go app for GTV - GTV just linked to the regular HBO Go web site.

The unfortunate thing is that because GTV has a relatively small user base - webmasters, app developers, etc. are not inclined to make much of a bother to make things "GTV friendly".

GTV is still on a modified version of Chrome 11 - and Flash 10.2. It's been almost 1 year since the Honeycomb OS update, IMO Google needs to step up to the plate with a new OS update soon. Which should include among other things Flash 11. The Honeycomb update is yesterday's news by now.
    Last edited by CatfishRivers; 10-01-2012 at 01:32 PM.
    My web-mix (bookmarks) for GTV content. (In order to view all available content set GTV user agent to "generic"):

http://www.symbaloo.com/mix/googletvcontent

Member #
    So what are our options here? I mainly use Google TV for HBO Go through my TV set. Is this going to get fixed?

Do any of the other set top boxes support HBO Go? Maybe I will try and stream it via my iPad through an HDMI cable.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacefrog67 View Post
    So what are our options here? I mainly use Google TV for HBO Go through my TV set. Is this going to get fixed?

Do any of the other set top boxes support HBO Go? Maybe I will try and stream it via my iPad through an HDMI cable.
    What GTV device do you have? I believe the Vizio Co-Star and first generation GTV products support dlna - so you could use a service such as Playon. You will need to download the Playon software to a computer though to make this setup work:

PlayOn Adds HBO GO to PlayOn Lite, Bringing Free Unfettered Access to All HBO Subscribers on Their Roku, PlayStation 3, or Other | PlayOn

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't believe that the second generation Sony GTV box (the NSZ-ZS7) supports dlna. The NSZ-ZS7 supports the PLEX app - however I don't believe that PLEX offers HBO GO.

I think if you use the GTVBox app together with Playon it will work with the Sony NSZ-ZS7. I only own the Logitech Revue though - so I'm unable to test it.
    Last edited by CatfishRivers; 10-01-2012 at 04:10 PM.
    My web-mix (bookmarks) for GTV content. (In order to view all available content set GTV user agent to "generic"):

Member #
    I came across this post on the Logitech Revue Forum (see link below) about the HBOGO issue being caused by a "Widevine" plug-in. This is the first time I've heard this mentioned. According to the poster Google says that it's up to Logitech to fix the problem. I don't know but IMO this isn't looking very favorable for a positive resolution any time soon. Especially for the the Logitech Revue.

Cannot use HBOGO, MAXGO, not even DishOnline - Logitech Forums
    Last edited by CatfishRivers; 10-02-2012 at 08:22 PM.

Member #
    There's a new comment about HBO GO from a member of the Google TV Developer team (on the GTV Known issues web page) - so perhaps there is a ray of hope. Here's the message:

"Comment 3 by project member shawns...@google.com, Today (48 minutes ago) HBOGo does not require Flash 11 update. It's currently having a known issue and will be addressed soon."

http://code.google.com/p/googletv-is...atus%20Summary

Member #
    I don't subscribe to HBO - however I'm able to view the free HBO GO clips through the Comcast Xfinity TV web site with my Logitech Revue. The full HBO episodes through the Xfinity TV web site require Microsoft Silverlight though - and won't play with GTV.

The forum member Wisdom is reporting that all of the HBO GO content currently works with the Vizio Co-Star by logging in to the HBO GO web site through the Xfinity TV log-in.

Apparently the Time-Warner log-in to HBO GO isn't working currently.
    Last edited by CatfishRivers; 10-07-2012 at 02:24 AM.

Member #

Me and HBO

I really do want to keep getting news on this issue. Sony NSX 24GT 1 - HBO Go: A Sony techie got me to change user to generic last week and it worked. But now it's gone back. I get this on my PC just fine - but I did have to install Flash 11.??? and that didn't work until I uninstalled previous and tried again. Now it's OK. Is the issue with only Google? Google anything, Google Chrome, what? Is it a done deal or is there hope? I am now worried that it's Dish Network because Google TV is not listed on Dish supported gadgets. But it's been working for a long time. Actually, since I set up a broadband network because the WiFi was very spotty. Keep posting...

Ads