GoogleTVForum.org is the largest Google TV/Android TV Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: LG Google TV (G2 and GA series) WiFi issues

Member #

LG Google TV (G2 and GA series) WiFi issues

have you recently purchased a GA6400 or GA7900 (or even a 2012 G2) and the TV just does not want to connect to WiFi? Wired works fine, but WiFi just will not connect.

if so please sound off, especially if you have resolved the issue.

also please provide the following info:
    1)ISP...who
    1a)Cable or DSL (coax or phone line)
    2)Router - make/model
    3)modem - make/model
    4)TV's serial number
    5) TV's software version (example...03.03.05)

if enough of you guys respond i will compile all of your info and email it to LG customer service...hopefully it will get to an engineer somewhere.

Member #
    You may be right on the money. But, have you tried to approach it from the other end -- namely the router. What does you security look like? Have you tried shutting it off and then enabling it in steps? Are you broadcasting your SSID? Those kinds of things may be contributing to your lack of sucess.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by KenP View Post
    You may be right on the money. But, have you tried to approach it from the other end -- namely the router. What does you security look like? Have you tried shutting it off and then enabling it in steps? Are you broadcasting your SSID? Those kinds of things may be contributing to your lack of sucess.
    yea ive tried all of that. im very confident that its not on the router's end.

Member #
    Fomol620, can you connect to wired? There is supposed to be an update to the GA6400 & GA7900 TV's today. Not sure if this will fix the issue you are having but its worth a try. I'm on wired and have not tried wireless yet.

Member #
    wired works fine....just wireless will not. i dont think that there will be an update today. im not sure who told you that. can you post a link to whom told you that info? i would like to know how that person knew something that LG customer service did not know.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Fomol620 View Post
    wired works fine....just wireless will not. i dont think that there will be an update today. im not sure who told you that. can you post a link to whom told you that info? i would like to know how that person knew something that LG customer service did not know.

Check onlive twitter

@OnLive @peteostro You are correct about the fix coming this Wednesday (4/10).

btw lg customer service sucks

Member #

Angry

So the day went by without an update to the TV. I have contacted onlive and they said they are checking into seeing whats going on

Member #
    the update is under testing right now. that should last from the 11th to the 15th and hopefully the update will be released by the 18th which is when most LG smart TV's will receive an update. (the 2012 LG Smart TV's will get an update on the 16th). once the testing is completed (hopefully) by the 15th then Google still needs to approve the update. if that takes longer than a day or two then the update will occur after the 18th.

What Onlive probably told you is that the 10th is when they received info as to what the next update will be doing, not necessarily that the update would occur on that day.

i might be able to tell you what the update will do to LG smart TV's but what it does to the GTV...i have no idea. the normal LG Smart TV's (for 2013) will be getting the Fios app added and to fix some error message as well.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Peteo View Post
    Check onlive twitter

@OnLive @peteostro You are correct about the fix coming this Wednesday (4/10).

btw lg customer service sucks
    LG customer service 'sucks' (as you say) mainly because Google nor LG has provided the customer service dept with any info on the new GTV. i do know that LG cust serv should be getting a sample GTV in their call center in the next few weeks. once that happens, it will take them a week or two to learn it and then they can help you. it doesnt help that this TV is the most complicated TV ever, and that most cust serv reps are not college educated.
    numberboy likes this.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Fomol620 View Post
    the update is under testing right now. that should last from the 11th to the 15th and hopefully the update will be released by the 18th which is when most LG smart TV's will receive an update. (the 2012 LG Smart TV's will get an update on the 16th). once the testing is completed (hopefully) by the 15th then Google still needs to approve the update. if that takes longer than a day or two then the update will occur after the 18th.

What Onlive probably told you is that the 10th is when they received info as to what the next update will be doing, not necessarily that the update would occur on that day.
    Here's the Email onlive sent me:

" LG will be publishing a system update for their TVs on April 10th. This update should fix the issue. Please let us know if you continue to see the blank screen after the update."

i might be able to tell you what the update will do to LG smart TV's but what it does to the GTV...i have no idea. the normal LG Smart TV's (for 2013) will be getting the Fios app added and to fix some error message as well.
    That would be great, thanks.

Ads