GoogleTVForum.org is the largest Google TV/Android TV Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member #

Audio Problems with Logitech Revue

I'm only able to get PCM going through my receiver - no Dolby Digital, Dolby PL, etc. This is my setup and equipment (Cable is Time Warner):

STB----HDMI---Revue----HDMI----AVR----HDTV

Equipment:
    Cisco 8640HDC-----Revue-----Pioneer VSX-1019-----Samsung LN46C630

I've reported this to Logitech support. Is anyone else having this problem, or found a resolution to it???

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by skoretsky View Post
    I'm only able to get PCM going through my receiver - no Dolby Digital, Dolby PL, etc. This is my setup and equipment (Cable is Time Warner):

STB----HDMI---Revue----HDMI----AVR----HDTV

Equipment:
    Cisco 8640HDC-----Revue-----Pioneer VSX-1019-----Samsung LN46C630

I've reported this to Logitech support. Is anyone else having this problem, or found a resolution to it???
    Logitech has not yet figured out how to pipe multichannel audio thru hdmi.you have to use the optical output. Which is ok. Considering this is the the highest rate of audio it will support at this time. Eventually they will fix this.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by xkwwwx View Post
    Logitech has not yet figured out how to pipe multichannel audio thru hdmi.you have to use the optical output. Which is ok. Considering this is the the highest rate of audio it will support at this time. Eventually they will fix this.
    So the "optimal" setup is HDMI OUT from the Revue to the HDTV (for video), and OPTICAL OUT from the Revue to the AVR (for sound)?

Member #
    Yes for now. Logitech is aware of the issue and hopefully they will address this with an update soon. Also some stb do not work well with more than two hdmi daisy chain links. If you want to stream or play more than six channel audio you will have to wait.

Member #
    Lame-o

Member #
    First I have to comment on the audio quality it is very poor. I have a 722K HD DVR from Dish Network hooked up to the logitech revue. I have a double surround 2 Z5500 logitech that output through a 4x2 optical matrix. I compared the sound from the logitech revue < 722K <Yamaha 697 5-disk cd changer. The sound is soo terrible. Even my pc provides better sound off mp3's.... I know logitech is aware of the issue but is there an ETA on when this problem will be fixed? I had another question too is a Slingbox PRO HD compatible with the Logitech Revue as TV1 where you can see watch satellite through your PC, laptop, and Ipod Touch 4G?

Member #
    Any info on when they will figure this out? I have found this to be the most annoying feature of the Revue so far. I finally got a setup where every video component was HDMI into the TV, and the TV has an audio output to the receiver. No more switching the receiver to the proper input depending on what you were watching - just leave it on TV all the time. Now with the Revue, it feels like I am taking a step backwards having to run an audio cable directly to the receiver and change the receiver input every time.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by TexAg View Post
    Any info on when they will figure this out? I have found this to be the most annoying feature of the Revue so far. I finally got a setup where every video component was HDMI into the TV, and the TV has an audio output to the receiver. No more switching the receiver to the proper input depending on what you were watching - just leave it on TV all the time. Now with the Revue, it feels like I am taking a step backwards having to run an audio cable directly to the receiver and change the receiver input every time.
    Neither Logitech or Google have provided (to my knowledge) a timeline for when they will fix the audio problems. Or even acknowlege (in writing anywhere to my knowledge) that the problem even exists. I hope Logitech/Google are monitoring this forum, and forums up on Logitech's website, and I hope they provide us some guidance/roadmap soon...

Member #

Dolby Digital with Revue

Do to the fact I'm required to use the optical out of the Revue, the quality of the surround sound is pretty awful. When feeding my Marantz AVR, it shows Dolby Digital indicator in the AVR, but the sound sounds more like mono, instead of wide, and no LFE at all, and very little sub woofer. Sounds tightly compressed, withy little dynamics. I've gone back to the cable box going to the AVR, and the Revue going to HDMI 2 on my LCD, and sound going to the AVR via optical. Just using it for internet delivery.
    The video of the Revue is also soso. Very grainy, compared to cable box going direct to AVR>LCD. Hope they fix sometime soon. For $330, I would expect alot more!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveH441352 View Post
    When feeding my Marantz AVR, it shows Dolby Digital indicator in the AVR, but the sound sounds more like mono, instead of wide, and no LFE at all, and very little sub woofer. Sounds tightly compressed, withy little dynamics.
    I noticed this yesterday while watching the Super Bowl. My guests noted that there was something wrong with the sound, that the stadium sounded very quiet and all they could hear were the announcers. So I switched to my local Fox OTA signal using the TV tuner rather than go through the Revue/Dish Network route, and the sound was night and day better. Even though my receiver showed Dolby 5.1 on both, the sound from the OTA station was far superior.

Ads