GoogleTVForum.org is the largest Google TV/Android TV Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: OMG this thing sucks

Member #

OMG this thing sucks

I really want to like this device but it is so full of bugs I can't stand it. Every time I search in Chrome I get "webpage unavailible" or just a bunch of youtube results. Everything seems to be hit or miss.I really can't believe two large companies like Logitech and Google can put out a product like this. I am typing this on a Veiwsonic GTab so I know about crappy support, but this takes the cake.
    Last edited by alphawave7; 03-21-2012 at 03:14 AM.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by c1tobor View Post
    I really want to like this device but it is so full of bugs I can't stand it. Every time I search in Chrome I get "webpage unavailible" or just a bunch of youtube results. Everything seems to be hit or miss.

I really can't believe two large companies like Logitech and Google can put out a product like this. I am typing this on a Veiwsonic GTab so I know about crappy support, but this takes the cake.
    Funny how many people report it works pretty good. I suggest you go and read the various "fixes" in the Logitech Forum at Logitech. Mine works fine and I can hardly wait to get the 3.2 update.

Member #
    when it works it is fine. But for example, when I search for "this" site, I may or may not get it in the results. And even if I do and click on it, the site is down for maintenance. I have to "reload" this page later, and then I get here.

Like I said, "I really want to like the device" but it just seems so full of problems I get more frustrated with it the more I use it sometimes.

Right now for example, I try to enlarge the Font, which works, but it doesn't resize the window, just expands everything where I have to try to scroll around the page to see what/where I'm typing. I mean really, my stupid tablet knows how to do that.

It just seems like it could be so much better if either corporation cared. Honeycomb 3.2? ...not going to hold my breath.... ICS? ....I'm waiting to win the lottery also....lol

Have to zoom-out to micro-print to find the "submit" button.......sheesh

Maybe its just Google that I don't like. If I search on Yahoo, Be it the Revue, Gtab, PC, I get the results I expect. I search in Chrome and god only knows what results I get, kinda like Bing.........
    Last edited by c1tobor; 03-03-2012 at 11:04 AM.

Member #
    c1tobor,
    The problem with googletvforum not loading up on a google tv is well known and talked about elsewhere on here as I ran across the thread in the past and could not believe it until I tried it myself. I have no idea why this site wont load on a google tv but it's not just your revue that has the problem. I have the exact same results when trying to view this site with my google tv device as well with the 3.2 patch.
    32" Sony LED GTV - NSX-32GT1
    Using PlayOn to stream my media
    WDTV Live Plus via HDMI1
    Dish DUODVR 625 via Component
    Over The Air Antenna via the Cable In
    Connected via ethernet to Netgear WNR3500L

Member #
    Nothing like you describe happens with either of mine, no idea what the cause of your problems are but nothing you state sounds like an inherent flaw with the Revue to me. A faster processor and continued support by Logitech are the only improvements I can suggest after 6 months use. I wouldn't recommend anybody purchase the device now based on concerns Logitech may not support it beyond the warranty terms, it is in need of firmware updates already to keep up with the Sony box, and new GTV boxes are coming from several manufactures later this year.
    Den - TCD652160 TiVoHD OTA Lifetime/1.16TB, Sony NSZ-GS7, Sony NSZ-GT1, Vizio Co-Star, Roku LT, Chromecast
    MBR - TCD652160 TiVoHD OTA Lifetime/660GB, Oppo BDP-80, LG BD590, Sony NSZ-GT1, Roku 2 XS
    Home Theater - TCD746320 TiVo Premiere Lifetime/2TB, Oppo BDP-93, PS3, Sony NSZ-GT1, Alienware M15x Intel i7-740QM, Roku 2 XS

Member #
    ChrisG8,
    They are referring to trying to load up the http://www.googletvforum.org website on the google tv. I know when I try searching for it using the chrome browser that comes with google tv or try to type the address in and load it , it does not work unless they fixed the problem lately.
    WDTV Live Plus via HDMI1

Member #
    Overall I'm pleased with my Revue.

However there are a few bugs - such as occasionally my Revue just randomly reboots itself when I'm web surfing. When it reboots it doesn't go to the normal Flash screen or home page - but rather either a black screen or a web search that I did like 5 pages ago. Kind of weird.

I noticed that generally this happens when I'm in the middle of moving the cursor kind of fast. Although not always.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by trallyus View Post
    ChrisG8,
    They are referring to trying to load up the http://www.googletvforum.org website on the google tv. I know when I try searching for it using the chrome browser that comes with google tv or try to type the address in and load it , it does not work unless they fixed the problem lately.
    I have this forum bookmarked and access it often using my Revue. The search function here works poorly whether I am using my laptop or Revue.
    Den - TCD652160 TiVoHD OTA Lifetime/1.16TB, Sony NSZ-GS7, Sony NSZ-GT1, Vizio Co-Star, Roku LT, Chromecast
    MBR - TCD652160 TiVoHD OTA Lifetime/660GB, Oppo BDP-80, LG BD590, Sony NSZ-GT1, Roku 2 XS
    Home Theater - TCD746320 TiVo Premiere Lifetime/2TB, Oppo BDP-93, PS3, Sony NSZ-GT1, Alienware M15x Intel i7-740QM, Roku 2 XS

Member #
    How did you get it to load as it never loads for me. Are you using opendns as that may be why it wont load for me.
    WDTV Live Plus via HDMI1

Member #
    Luv it !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Works GREAT !!!!

*scratches head and remembers 90% of problems are at the other end*

Ads