GoogleTVForum.org is the largest Google TV/Android TV Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By CatfishRivers

Thread: Samsung's AtivQ Is A Windows Laptop and an Android Tablet In A High-Res Package

Member #

Samsung's AtivQ Is A Windows Laptop and an Android Tablet In A High-Res Package

Samsung's Ativ Q is a Windows laptop and an Android tablet in one insanely high-res package | The Verge (click for full article)

by David Pierce - June 20, 2013

"Samsung's famous for launching every type of device under the sun, but this time it's crammed them all into a single package. The company's just announced the Ativ Q, a dual-booting device that runs both Windows 8 and Android 4.2.2 inside a 13.3-inch convertible laptop package.

The most impressive parts of the hardware are the insanely high-res 3200 x 1800 screen — the first use of the new display Samsung announced in May — and the flexible hinge that allows the Q to work in tablet mode, laptop mode, stand mode, and a sort of floating mode. From a hardware standpoint, it's remarkably similar to the Acer Aspire R7, though at .55 inches and 2.84 pounds it's a much more manageable device."
    Carlszone likes this.
    My web-mix (bookmarks) for GTV content. (In order to view all available content set GTV user agent to "generic"):

http://www.symbaloo.com/mix/googletvcontent

Member #
    I didn't see a guess on the price. I will need a laptop in a year or two, mine is 4 years old now and the dual boot Android/Windows would make sense for me but not if it is expensive.
    Den - TCD652160 TiVoHD OTA Lifetime/1.16TB, Sony NSZ-GS7, Sony NSZ-GT1, Vizio Co-Star, Roku LT, Chromecast
    MBR - TCD652160 TiVoHD OTA Lifetime/660GB, Oppo BDP-80, LG BD590, Sony NSZ-GT1, Roku 2 XS
    Home Theater - TCD746320 TiVo Premiere Lifetime/2TB, Oppo BDP-93, PS3, Sony NSZ-GT1, Alienware M15x Intel i7-740QM, Roku 2 XS

Ads