GoogleTVForum.org is the largest Google TV/Android TV Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #

Intermittent audio issue

On the Sony blue ray player I have a weird issue. On any video source (except the cable HDMI pass through) after about 30 minutes and then again every now and again the audio will get distorted. I would call it robotic. I just replaced my unit with another assuming it was defective and the new one already did it too. It has happened on a DVD, on Netflix and while streaming from my PC via the gtvbox app. Any ideas how to fix. The unit is fully updated and I am just using the TV speakers.

*repost because my last post was closed. Turns out new cables did not help.*

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by d11dog11 View Post
    On the Sony blue ray player I have a weird issue. On any video source (except the cable HDMI pass through) after about 30 minutes and then again every now and again the audio will get distorted. I would call it robotic. I just replaced my unit with another assuming it was defective and the new one already did it too. It has happened on a DVD, on Netflix and while streaming from my PC via the gtvbox app. Any ideas how to fix. The unit is fully updated and I am just using the TV speakers.

*repost because my last post was closed. Turns out new cables did not help.*

Any resolution to this? I have the same problem with my newly bought Sony NSZ-GT1. All audio after about 25 minutes becomes garbled (Netflix, Amazon, and cable Settop box) and the only way to fix it is to turn the unit off then back on. Sounds great for another 25 minutes or so, when the distortion comes in and drowns out the audio.

Member #
    Nope. Still happens now and again. Never required a reboot though. Just lasts about 30 seconds and resolves itself.

Member #
    What model is your TV? I recently ran into a similar issue with my Toshiba REGZA tv. Toshiba replaced the main board and all has been well since.

Member #
    I am having the same problem and it is driving me nuts. I cannot find an answer anywhere. Are you watching a movie that...how should we say....but not exactly out to the public yet? Thats when I find it happens the most to me.

Ads