GoogleTVForum.org is the largest Google TV/Android TV Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Please help, how can I stream video files from my computer to Sony NSZ-GT1 using a PC

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by atandon View Post
    Note though that MP4 formats do NOT support DTS.
    .ts may be a better option
    Though to be honest I have not tried this. Still in the research phase
    MP4 is a multimedia container which can accept any type stream you chose to mux into it. However, not all media players can read MP4 containers will also play DTS audio streams. MPEG2 Transport Stream (ts) files/containers are great for High Detail Video and Audio streams; however, their device compatibility is rather limited in comparison to MP4 files.

Member #
    There is a wikipedia page that compares all the containers. Can't post the link because of my post count
    it looks like DTS is not supported with mp4 containers

Need to investigate this a little more

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by atandon View Post
    There is a wikipedia page that compares all the containers. Can't post the link because of my post count
    it looks like DTS is not supported with mp4 containers

Need to investigate this a little more
    Well, then the Wiki page is wrong. I've used Halaai to mux DTS streams streams into MP4 files before. In fact, there's an old thread in the Doom9's Forums, "How to mux AC3/DTS streams in mp4". The main purpose of a container is to specify how multiple streams are interleaved. This provides a linear time line between them which is one of preventative measures against desynchronization. The minor differences about the individual container formats is how they store the meta data.

I suspect this is the link you were referring to Comparison of container formats - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Apparently, I'm wrong about about "ANY" type of stream according to that article. However, as I explained earlier, it does support DTS/AC3.

Member #
    GTVBox player supports windows shares directly, plays most file, avi, mpg, mp4 mkv the blue ray box nsz-gt1 does DTS and using GTVBox player you can evenslect the second audio track if you have that need. WORKS GREAT!

Member #
    Oooh! Nice!
    By any chance do any of you have links to the UI for this player?
    Are you able to display artwork (or at least thumbnails at a minimum) for your video files. If yes then I am ordering this today

EDIT: Never mind. I saw some videos online with users able to display thumbnails. Nsz-gt1, here I come
    Last edited by atandon; 02-02-2012 at 03:16 PM.

Member #

Plex app for streaming

Use the Plex app. Works great on Sony Google tv for me.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by pdelisle22 View Post
    Use the Plex app. Works great on Sony Google tv for me.
    I've been playing with Plex since the weekend... it's reallly nicely done, well polished and not difficult at all to setup (just give it time to scan your system and be patient with the sluggish backend interface).

I disabled it last night though, because the main reason for setting it up was to be able to stream Hulu (and maybe someday Vudu), but alas, no matter what I try I just can't get the Hulu plugin to come up in the GTV client app... if anyone has any tips I'll be glad to hear it (plugin doesn't show up in the "more" section, even with compatibility filtering turned off). #HELP!

Aside from that tho, it's awesome, but then I discovered the stock media player, plays all the same files... (yeh I know backwards discovery), so for now I'm switching off Plex. No sense having the server take up cycles on my machine if I'm not gonna be using it.

Member #
    Sorry, did some reading and discovered that my particular problem is related to the fact that I am using the Windows version of the media server. It doesn't support the Hulu plugin.

Next up: PlayOn

News Team
    Member #
    All Sony Google TV's are DLNA certified for photos only. As for sharing via pc's a blue tooth adapter but am not sure.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by odsamuels View Post
    Sorry, did some reading and discovered that my particular problem is related to the fact that I am using the Windows version of the media server. It doesn't support the Hulu plugin.

Next up: PlayOn
    Not sure where you read that. I'm running the Windows Plex Media Server and was able to add the Hulu Channel. Easiest way is to install the Plex Media Client on your PC as well and then use the client to add channels. I have PlayOn as well :-)!

Ads