GoogleTVForum.org is the largest Google TV/Android TV Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member #
    I might add i use an over the air antenna and no cable, so that may make a difference but when the guide won't load it doesn't show any of my channels. When you go to video inputs, built in tuner settings, channels, first change the Rocco guide off then back on, then i just redid the auto program, once that was complete the channels reappeared in the Rocco guide saying no info i did it on a monday night and i was up late till about 1:30 watching TV. In the morning info was in the guide, sorry if i sounded condescending and i guess my instructions were a bit vague. Also this probably only worlds like this with ota antenna and different with a cable box. Hope this is a little clearer and helps so people don't have to do a unnessisarry hard reset which is super annoying.

Sent from my MoPho!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by abrcrmdl23 View Post
    I might add i use an over the air antenna and no cable, so that may make a difference but when the guide won't load it doesn't show any of my channels. When you go to video inputs, built in tuner settings, channels, first change the Rocco guide off then back on, then i just redid the auto program, once that was complete the channels reappeared in the Rocco guide saying no info i did it on a monday night and i was up late till about 1:30 watching TV. In the morning info was in the guide, sorry if i sounded condescending and i guess my instructions were a bit vague. Also this probably only worlds like this with ota antenna and different with a cable box. Hope this is a little clearer and helps so people don't have to do a unnessisarry hard reset which is super annoying.
    No worries, you're were trying to be helpful. I just wanted to clarify the situation because the issue is counter intuitive.

Also, my NSX-24GT1 is also using a OTA antenna not a cable feed. My only cable feed is going into the Tivo Premiere in another room. I think perhaps your system caught one of the update cycles while it was offline. That's why it was quick to update. Where as in my case, my television remained for a great deal of the time since I performed a factory reset. I was helping a lot of people by trying to duplicate their symptoms. So, I left the television unattended and powered on most of that time during the week. After all, it does indicate the the television needs to be powered off to receive an guide update. Again, that being counter intuitive process to receive updates.

Member #
    I have the same problem...the ROVI guide worked at first, now all I see is "no data." I don't want to do the factory reset because I will lose all downloaded apps. Some of these took a lot of time to setup, e.g. the IP camera app. Is there a way to "save" my current configuration including all apps to a flash drive so that they can be restored after the reset.

Thanks in advance for your replies!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by mm9351 View Post
    Thanks in advance for your replies!
    Did you check my post on the previous page? It explains the process which Rovi app uses to download the update. And explains what to look out for in the app. Factory resets has nothing to do with it.

Member #
    Yes, thanks. I will wait overnight or 24 hours to see if this works. Thanks again for the advice / help.

Member #
    Yes, thanks. I will wait overnight or 24 hours to see if this works. Thanks again for the advice / help.
    You're welcome. Glad to help. I hope it works out for you.

Member #
    Still not working! I followed instructions to the letter and it's getting even worse, I now lost my icons in the guide e.g. cbs, nbc, etc. Yet everything else is perfect, the name of the show displays in the lower left hand corner. I downloaded TV Buddy and use that instead, but still miss the Guide functionality. And to think it worked the first day...it makes no sense. Any other ideas? Thanks...

Member #
    Still not working! I followed instructions to the letter and it's getting even worse, I now lost my icons in the guide e.g. cbs, nbc, etc. Yet everything else is perfect, the name of the show displays in the lower left hand corner. I downloaded TV Buddy and use that instead, but still miss the Guide functionality. And to think it worked the first day...it makes no sense. Any other ideas? Thanks...
    What are the answers to these settings?

If you check: Live TV > Guide > Settings > Guide Information Screen then there's a few items you want to verify.
    • Setup Complete: This is the date that you completed the guide configuration. This is related to when you setup the guide configuration either through the new configuration wizard or manually through the GTV Settings > TV Sources > Edit Configured Devices > Built-in TV Tuner.
    • Setup Zipcode and Current Zipcode: This is the relative zipcode which bases your local provider and content.
    • Device 0, "RF Input": This is chosen lineup provider who's guide data will be downloaded.
    • Data Rx Method: This is the guide data reception method, "GP_DATA_RX_METHOD_TUNER" is received through OTA antenna.
    • Listings DL Comp: This is the last day and time the last guide data was fully downloaded. So, if you're guide data isn't current, you'll want to make sure that the television is powered off during that time. Note: all times are listed as UTC which is (GMT+0).

Member #
    I've been having problems with the Rovi guide as well. Newly purchased 40" Sony Google TV, set up the Rovi guide to pick up listings for the over-the-air stations that I will be viewing. Entered my correct zip code, selected "tuner" as the source of the channels I will be receiving, but more than a week later, no listings. Instead, I get the following message:

"Your guide was not able to receive listings for more than 48 hours. Please go to the Settings area and change your settings."

I've reset the guide a couple of times to no avail, and also did a factory reset of the TV, also to no avail. According to Rovi's website, over-the-air listings for my zip code (right in the heart of a major metropolitan area) are available. The wi-fi connection to my TV works without any issues so I doubt that's the problem, and the signal strength for the over-the-air stations that I am receiving is excellent...as high as 95/95, so the problem can't be a poor over-the-air signal either.

I can't figure out what else I can try to do, and it seems from what other people have been posting that calling Sony and/or Rovi isn't likely to be helpful. Any thoughts?

Member #
    I have formally issued a case number to Sony technical support on this issue. They initially advised me to wait a 'full' 24 hrs with the TV "off" (no cheating). I guess I didn't wait the full 24 hrs. and now I am waiting till tomorrow. I truly doubt this will make a difference. Yet others here were successful. I guess I need to be more patient.

Ads