GoogleTVForum.org is the largest Google TV/Android TV Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Remove App

Member #

Remove App

Posted the following at Sony/GTV/Community boards; apologies for any overlap with postings here ...

1) Any definitive way to Remove an App?

2) "NBA Game Time" Update repeatedly fails to install ("Incompatible", "Failed" ... or some such)

3) Attempted to Remove via Fn+1/Applications/Manage Applications ("Manage and remove installed applications")

4) Seems logical ... except NO 'Remove' option shown after selecting this App from list of installed Apps

Shows options to 'Force stop', along with 'Clear Data, ..Cache, ..Defaults' - but nowhere do I see "Remove App" or "Delete App" option

5) Suggestions anyone?

Member #
    On my Logitech Revue I first go to my "all apps" page. Then I long click on the app that I want to remove. A popup will then come on screen giving me the option to uninstall the app.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by CatfishRivers View Post
    On my Logitech Revue I first go to my "all apps" page. Then I long click on the app that I want to remove. A popup will then come on screen giving me the option to uninstall the app.
    Thanks for that ... but no joy! On NSX-40GT1 holding Right [Select] button Opens App.

Curiously, holding Left [Enter] button brings up box with 2 options: "Application info" and "Hide application" - which does make the App icon "disappear". Not quite the same as "Uninstall App" option I hoped for.

Now to see if 'Update available" notifications for this 'hidden' App continue to pop up.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by jerswing View Post
    Curiously, holding Left [Enter] button brings up box with 2 options: "Application info" and "Hide application" - which does make the App icon "disappear". Not quite the same as "Uninstall App" option I hoped for.
    Yes, apps which have been included with the operating system, like Netflix for example, cannot be uninstalled but may be hidden. This is because the operating system partition(s) are mounted as read-only. Only the fuser partiton on "/mnt/sdcard" (which is also softlinked on "/sdcard") has been mounted as read-write and is where your installed applications, cache, and other data is kept.

Member #
    Jerswing,
    2) "NBA Game Time" Update repeatedly fails to install ("Incompatible", "Failed" ... or some such)

That same thing happened to me and to fix it I went into the android market and installed the same named app and it ended up replacing the old app. For some reason that app would not update but after going to the marketplace and finding it there and clicking install, the problem was fixed. Hope it works for you.
    32" Sony LED GTV - NSX-32GT1
    Using PlayOn to stream my media
    WDTV Live Plus via HDMI1
    Dish DUODVR 625 via Component
    Over The Air Antenna via the Cable In
    Connected via ethernet to Netgear WNR3500L

Member #
    You can know update it for the new season. Do not click update. Go to details, then select install.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Ads