GoogleTVForum.org is the largest Google TV/Android TV Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Hbo go

Member #

Hbo go

HBO GO does not seem to play well with my 32" Sony GTV and I'm wondering if others are having any issues? The webpage is really laggy and it constantly freezes and I have to reload the browser or reboot the TV to be able to continue watching any programming. If I login to the site on my Macbook Pro I never have any issues whatsoever and there is no lag, but I prefer 32 inches to 17. I don't think it is a network issue as I can load the Netflix app and watch an HD film or stream a Blu-Ray via Plex and both work flawlessly, but HBO Go just won't go!

Member #
    Yeah, HBO Go sucks on GoogleTV. See if your provider is one of those that allows access on the Roku. The Roku channel is very Netflix like and is a much nicer experience.

Go to http://HBOGo.com/activate and select the Roku. In the list that pops up, see if your provider is there. You can get a Roku LT for $49.

Member #
    Yes, HBO go is constantly crashing in google tv. It is apparently a chrome issue, we desperately need an HBOgo app. I use my Roku to watch HBO go and Hulu as well.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by rebu2007 View Post
    Yes, HBO go is constantly crashing in google tv. It is apparently a chrome issue, we desperately need an HBOgo app. I use my Roku to watch HBO go and Hulu as well.
    Good Point. It's these kind of issues why IMO a GTV set-top box will not succeed (in the current environment) at a price of $250 to $300. Hopefully Google will catch on.
    My web-mix (bookmarks) for GTV content. (In order to view all available content set GTV user agent to "generic"):

http://www.symbaloo.com/mix/googletvcontent

Member #
    Thanks for the replies. It's a shame it does not work right but I am relieved that it is not just my TV acting up. I bet that once we get an app things will improve. HBO GO is still pretty new so it has a lot of growing yet to do.

Quote Originally Posted by CatfishRivers View Post
    Good Point. It's these kind of issues why IMO a GTV set-top box will not succeed (in the current environment) at a price of $250 to $300. Hopefully Google will catch on.
    I've got to say I was shocked at the lack of a fully functional browser and the overall functionality in general, especially from a Sony/Google product. Years ago before buying my Sony TV I had a Samsung and a cheap Vista HTPC made from mostly spare parts but I was able to customize whatever I wanted, visit whatever sites I wanted and stream whatever content with no issues or limitations. I was expecting that of my Sony TV. Plex helps but it is still too limited in functionality and has a lot of bugs to work out.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by CarcinogenX View Post
    I bet that once we get an app things will improve.
    HBO has no plans for a Google TV app. That could change if Google TV actually moves a few units, but as it is they aren't even supporting Android tablets.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by arrowrand View Post
    HBO has no plans for a Google TV app. That could change if Google TV actually moves a few units, but as it is they aren't even supporting Android tablets.
    That's unfortunate, but I bet you are completely correct.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by arrowrand View Post
    HBO has no plans for a Google TV app..
    You don't know that for sure. You post this same Debbie Downer crap on the Roku forums.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by bean View Post
    You don't know that for sure. You post this same Debbie Downer crap on the Roku forums.
    Actually, I do know.

Member #
    It is kinda cheezy that they dont have their own app for the tv and use the website like a pc. I will say that ive only had it mess up a few times out of the hundreds of times ive used it. Picture quality using wifi is hit amd miss sometimes, but once I hard wired it to my n-router the picture does come in HD w/ hardl any freeze ups or bad picture quality. I believe the best hbogo displays their movies is 720p?

Ads