GoogleTVForum.org is the largest Google TV/Android TV Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By halox

Thread: YouTube pairing

Member #

YouTube pairing

I remember seeing a review of a recent YouTube phone app update which added the ability to send videos to the YouTube TV app. I can't find this functionality on the NSZ-GS7's YouTube app. Am I missing something, or is it not supported yet? The instructions say to go to My YouTube section of the app and scroll right and click Pair, but I can find no Pair option there or in the settings.

I know it can be done using Able Remote, but it would be good to be able to do it natively, particularly as it allows for the video to be brought back to the phone/tablet. I'd be grateful for any advice. Thanks!

Member #
    I am not sure what you mean but if you PM me a copy of the App I will test it for you. If you have a video of how it works that might be helpful as well.

This thread may be of interest to you because if you try it you might find the functionality you are looking for by this alternate method:

Android Phone TV/Movie App Works on GTV for watching movie rentals!
    Last edited by chopper; 08-08-2012 at 05:48 PM.

Member #
    I don't believe what you're looking for is in the app.

Point the Google TV Chrome browser to:

YouTube - Leanback

You basically scroll down to MY YOUTUBE, then go to the RIGHT. It'll change from SIGN IN to PAIR THIS DEVICE. Then you'll have the ability to pair the device with the app called "YouTube Remote."

If you're not in front of your TV, you can test it out right now with your android phone - install YouTube Remote from the app store onto your phone and go to Leanback on your computer ... once you're logged in, you can control playback on your computer over your phone. Plus, you can bring it back to your phone (exactly where you left off) by changing which screen it should be playing on through the app. It's pretty sweet - 20 minutes into watching something on my computer, I decided to switch back to my Galaxy Nexus screen on the go ... and it worked perfectly.

It's all kind of explained in your other thread:
    YouTube pairing on Sony NSZ-GS7

Also, in the future, let's not cross post. The people who are able to answer your questions on this forum end up going to the "Active Topics" tab more often than not ... so we'll be able to find you and answer your questions wherever they end up.
    Last edited by halox; 08-08-2012 at 07:04 PM.
    www.gtv-prime.com
    Logitech Revue (with Mini Keyboard) | Time Warner Cable (Cable Cards) | TiVo HD Lifetime, TiVo Series 2 monthly | Samsung 50" Plasma 3D TV | Tablets - Kindle Fire, HP Touchpad (with CyanogenMod Ice Cream Sandwich) | Xbox 360, PS3, WII, 3DS

Member #
    Thanks Halox, I now understand what the fuss is all about. This is awesome! Unfortunately, I do not have a phone to test this out on as GTV is all I really need. Can someone try out ouTube Remote on GTV?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by chopper View Post
    Can someone try out ouTube Remote on GTV?
    I'll try it tonight on the GS7.
    chopper likes this.
    www.gtv-prime.com
    Logitech Revue (with Mini Keyboard) | Time Warner Cable (Cable Cards) | TiVo HD Lifetime, TiVo Series 2 monthly | Samsung 50" Plasma 3D TV | Tablets - Kindle Fire, HP Touchpad (with CyanogenMod Ice Cream Sandwich) | Xbox 360, PS3, WII, 3DS

Member #
    Saw post 5 on the other thread you mentioned. Great stuff!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by halox View Post
    I'll try it tonight on the GS7.
    It works exactly as expected.
    www.gtv-prime.com

Ads