GoogleTVForum.org is the largest Google TV/Android TV Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #

Question Guide not entering correct channel - AT&T U-Verse

I have had my NSZ-GS7 for a few months now, and it's been working great (without TV service connected). I recently signed up for AT&T U-Verse, and it does not seem to like the channel numbers from the guide. When I select a program to watch from the GS7's guide (or full Google PrimeTime app), it simply inputs the number 1. On U-Verse Channel one is the on-demand channel. Has anyone else seen this?

Troubleshooting steps taken:
    • Connected the GS7 to a friends Cable service (Charter Communications), and it worked like a champ. Returned home, configured the NS7 for ATT Uverse, and the same issue persisted.
    • "Forgot" service provider and reconfigured - same problem.
    • Reset the entire device (configured as new device. aka: did not restore from google stored settings) - same problem.
    • Verified that the channel listing had the proper channel numbers.

Other things worth noting:
    • I live in St. Louis, MO (AT&T U-Verse St. Louis)
    • When in "TV" mode, all options function (change channel / device guide / DVR guide / etc...)
    • U-Verse receiver model VIP2250 (ir controlled, not HDMI control compatible)

I guess I'm wondering if there are any other U-Verse subscribers that are having similar issues?

Any help is appreciated - let me know if more information is required ...

Thanks,
    Matt

Member #
    It sounds like it might be the cable box. I had a Scientific Atlanta 2100 that often went to the wrong channel using the Quick Guide, but worked fine w/the cable remote. I took the cable box back and switched it out for the Motorola I'm using now. It works flawlessly. Most cable services use different models. Ask if they can give you another model.

Member #
    The service was just installed. The set top box is brand new. It's not really that it inputs the wrong channel, It just always selects channel 1 for some reason.

Member #

Solved!!!

I had the exact same issue when I switched to uverse 2 weeks ago and just figured it out. In the cable provider setup, go to ir blaster settings and then zero padding. You can set the number of digits your cable box needs (in my case 4). You may also need to adjust the time spacing between the numbers being sent.

Quote Originally Posted by chemist View Post
    I have had my NSZ-GS7 for a few months now, and it's been working great (without TV service connected). I recently signed up for AT&T U-Verse, and it does not seem to like the channel numbers from the guide. When I select a program to watch from the GS7's guide (or full Google PrimeTime app), it simply inputs the number 1. On U-Verse Channel one is the on-demand channel. Has anyone else seen this?

Troubleshooting steps taken:
    • Connected the GS7 to a friends Cable service (Charter Communications), and it worked like a champ. Returned home, configured the NS7 for ATT Uverse, and the same issue persisted.
    • "Forgot" service provider and reconfigured - same problem.
    • Reset the entire device (configured as new device. aka: did not restore from google stored settings) - same problem.
    • Verified that the channel listing had the proper channel numbers.

Other things worth noting:
    • I live in St. Louis, MO (AT&T U-Verse St. Louis)
    • When in "TV" mode, all options function (change channel / device guide / DVR guide / etc...)
    • U-Verse receiver model VIP2250 (ir controlled, not HDMI control compatible)

I guess I'm wondering if there are any other U-Verse subscribers that are having similar issues?

Any help is appreciated - let me know if more information is required ...

Thanks,
    Matt
    Last edited by feldmandm; 09-07-2013 at 03:22 PM. Reason: misspelling

Ads