GoogleTVForum.org is the largest Google TV/Android TV Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: GS8 vs GS7

Member #

GS8 vs GS7

Sony NSZ-GS8 vs Sony NSZ-GS7

GS8 GS7
    Hardware / Conductivity see this link see this link
    Key differences see this link
    see this link
    Supported File Format see this link
    see this link
    Movies & TV Shows Apps
    see this link see this link
    Music Apps
    see this link
    see this link
    Sports Apps
    see this link see this link

Member #
    edit page ...

Member #
    I believe the devices are exactly the same except the NSG-MR7U remote is included with the NSZ-GS8 and the NSZ-GS7 includes the NSG-MR5U remote. The primary remote difference is the MR7U adds voice control but there may be other very slight differences.
    Den - TCD652160 TiVoHD OTA Lifetime/1.16TB, Sony NSZ-GS7, Sony NSZ-GT1, Vizio Co-Star, Roku LT, Chromecast
    MBR - TCD652160 TiVoHD OTA Lifetime/660GB, Oppo BDP-80, LG BD590, Sony NSZ-GT1, Roku 2 XS
    Home Theater - TCD746320 TiVo Premiere Lifetime/2TB, Oppo BDP-93, PS3, Sony NSZ-GT1, Alienware M15x Intel i7-740QM, Roku 2 XS

Member #
    I'm really disappointed as I was expecting something new not the GS7 with voice command remote.Most of the people who purchased the new remote when it came out say they are "NOT" %100 satisfied with it.Guess we'll just have to be glad our browser is going to be kept up to date.Sorry,just caught my mistake.Most folks posted that the voice recognition of words is way off.That's the reason I didn't worry with purchasing the new remote.
    Last edited by overtimeman; 06-11-2013 at 07:13 PM.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by overtimeman View Post
    I'm really disappointed as I was expecting something new not the GS7 with voice command remote.Most of the people who purchased the new remote when it came out say they are %100 satisfied with it.Guess we'll just have to be glad our browser is going to be kept up to date.
    There hasn't been a whole lot of comment about the remote on this forum. I've mentioned having issues with it not always being ready to listen, and having to reboot the GS7 to get it to work. Functionally, it's a good start, but it has a long ways to go. One big problem appears to be a general reluctance people have talking to a device.

Member #
    Well I for one do not have an issue talking to any of my devices. ("Why you little *&^#%", "I said Mad Men, not More Men $*@&") etc etc lol

All joking aside, I love my voice-abled remote which is why I felt it was needed to get it a while back. It makes things so much easier to search with. Granted, there is a learning curve (language wise and certain word wise) that one needs to use to fully get the benefit of voice searching.

TS

Member #
    I realize that this really is subjective and many people find it useful but for the life of me I can't understand why anyone would want to talk to their TV. It seems that every new gadget is pushing this voice thing. I wish they would spend more time getting decent content so that searches would yield something worth watching.

Philip

Member #
    The reason is easy... talking to your TV can potentially save a ton of button clicks, but it all comes down to whether the TV understands what you said and what you're trying to do accurately and quickly. An interesting study would be what people's tolerance is for mistakes, but I suspect it's very low. Voice recognition, IMO, needs to be pretty close to 100% accurate or most people will abandon it.

Ads