GoogleTVForum.org is the largest Google TV/Android TV Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member #
    Hi Philip - Thanks for the tip about Openelec It looks interesting reading the wiki page, I could be tempted but have got so many other options at the moment that I will probably be lazy and just stick with my existing.

Quote Originally Posted by pmcd View Post
    I am sure comments like this are just music to the ears of content providers. And we wonder why it has taken so long for Hulu+ and others to warm to the GTV. If all you need is XBMC and Addons just get an inexpensive PC, put OpenElectric on it and you'll be far happier.

Philip

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by mathewjg View Post
    Hi Philip - Thanks for the tip about Openelec It looks interesting reading the wiki page, I could be tempted but have got so many other options at the moment that I will probably be lazy and just stick with my existing.
    It is very interesting and runs on very low powered systems. The thing about XBMC is that slowly but surely the streaming sites like Amazon Instant Video no longer work properly. The same with Netflix. So if one is after one media player or system XBMC is less appealing than just a few months ago. Have a read about Bluecop's excellent Amazon addon which no longer works, and he apparently will not be revisiting those addons. Even some committed XBMC users are now recommending a Roku as a second unit for those services which XBMC cannot access. The reason I brought up the XBMC issue in the first place is that the moment content providers see it, navi-x, mkv, nzb, etc... they think of the dark side and refuse to provide premium content. It would be a shame to have this happen to GTV.

The same thing happened when Boxee came out with the Boxee Box. To get premium services unfortunately a device has to be locked down quite a bit.

Anyway have been interested in XBMC and Plex for a long time. GTV is lucky to have one of the best Plex clients around. When you think of it the current GTV is really only missing Hulu Plus. It's a pretty great player even with the 3.2 OS.

Philip

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 4

Member #
    Yeah, I think the biggest issue is the Honeycomb OS.

Saddly, my PS3 now has TuneIn, so it leaves me wondering why I bought my box. I will say that the NSZ-GS8's Youtube App runs better than the PS3 version. But the Netflix app on the NSZ-GS8 is a few versions behind PS3.

I want jellybean.

Member #
    For watching movies I would say first is 1 channel app, then show box app, noobroom website, navi-x app, and finally tvportal app.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Member #
    Open Launcher works like a native app. It is more versatile than our homepage and can be used w/another of my favorite apps, Launcher Pro.

The Terra Time App w/the live wallpaper is another Favorite of mine. It displays the Earth in realtime and used w/Moon Pro give yer Homescreens a spectacular look. Also it took me a while but I finally realized the Earth, Moon, Stars and Sun moves according to NASA satelite imagery.

Pandora and AOL Radio better known as Slacker Radio are two of my favorite entertainment apps.

Member #
    A few miscellaneous apps that work well.

Motor Trend is amazing, even if yer not an Auto sports fans. The high HD quality videos show views from countries I've only visited in my Navy days. But there is no way I could have seen the sights and sounds this app provides.

The All Recipes app provides easy access to a culinary Smorgasborg of delights to please any palate. Not only does it render recipes and cooking tips, the video feature lets ya see why yer cooking experiments didn't quite work out.

Amazon Videos App. Well what needs to be said. Linked w/our Primetime app it is the ultimate in Amazon Video Management!

IMBD is a must for finding actors, movie titles and info not provided for in the Primetime app.

And I'll end w/these apps:

The Weather Channel
    The Video Player
    Underground Weather
    Ace Spider Solitaire

And last but not least, the native Youtube App used w/the Soul Movie app.

Carl

Ads