GoogleTVForum.org is the largest Google TV/Android TV Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Can you reproduce the Crackle TV episode issue?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 50.00%
  • No

1 50.00%
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #

Exclamation Need this commmunity's help - Crackle TV on Vizo Co-Star

https://getsatisfaction.com/crackle/...oid_3_x_chrome

Ok, so frustration has gotten the better of me. Many of you might think this is trivial at best, but I'm asking for the help of my fellow Co-Star owners and any other GoogleTV owners that experience the same issue. Here goes...

Crackle TV which I think is for the most part pretty cool has both a Phone and Tablet app. I guess when you download it it detects your device and sends down the appropriate version. I have tried sideloading both the Phone and the Tablet versions on the Co-Star since from the Co-Star on Google Play it is not available. The Phone version fails to even open due to a portrait mode issue. The tablet version loads fine BUT video playback uses a very tiny portion of the upper left corner of the screen only and there is no way I know of to fix that rendering the app for the most part useless. Crackle TV is featured in Spotlight TV, but basically it is just the Chrome Browser web version of the site.

Here's the main problem - selecting any content that is an individual movie, show, etc has no problem, but because there is no app that is installed and the Chrome browser is only way to access the site, when you access content that has multiple episodes, you CANNOT select any episode other than what is playing - it won't initiate. When I access Crackle TV from my Windows PC the problem became clear to me - it is a Flash issue. On any Win PC browser, when you select an alternate episode, a Flash window pops and from there you can launch the alternate episode. This does not happen with the Co-Star's Chrome browser, hence the problem. For months I have brought this to the attention of both Vizio and Crackle: Vizio says it's not their problem (basically telling me to go pound sand...) and Crackle simply has not responded to any attempt I have made to bring this to their attention.

What I am asking is, and whether or not it will have any affect or not is unknown, for all of you to go to the GetSatisfaction site in the link I posted, read the exact nature of the issue and if you can reproduce it on your Co-Star then PLEASE comment so they see multiple people complaining about a valid issue and maybe, just maybe they'll do something to fix it for all of us.

Thank you!!!

https://getsatisfaction.com/crackle/...oid_3_x_chrome

Member #
    Hi....sorry to hear about your problem with Crackle.

I am on the Logitech Revue (OS 3.1) and I do not experience the same issue that you describe here. I just tried Crackle through the GTV Spotlight section - I selected "Sanford & Son" - A video started to play (and the individual episodes were listed on the bottom row in small thumbnails). I am able to use the trackpad on my Logitech keyboard to highlight a thumbnail (with the pointer) - and then I can click on the highlighted thumbnail and that particular episode will play.

Have you tried using the trackpad instead of the D-pad?

All I can suggest for the time-being if you still cannot get it to work - is to use the Crackle channel on YouTube. Hopefully Crackle will eventually fix this issue that affects the Co-Star users.

Crackle Movies & Television - YouTube
    Last edited by CatfishRivers; 11-16-2012 at 02:17 PM.
    My web-mix (bookmarks) for GTV content. (In order to view all available content set GTV user agent to "generic"):

http://www.symbaloo.com/mix/googletvcontent

Member #
    I've tried every possible method of using the remote (both sides) to access the other episodes to no avail. I do access their youtube channel but not all of their content is there. What is really sad is dozens if not hundreds of people are complaining about various issues and not one response to anyone by them on the getsatisfaction site. I posted on their twitter feed and facebook page as well as Vizio's twitter and facebook as well. Noone responds. EPIC FAIL!

Member #
    I suggest posting about your issue on the GTV Issues Developer web site here:

Issues - googletv-issues - Google TV Issue Tracker - Google Project Hosting

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also it would be a good idea to bring this to the attention of Kevin Lau (the Community Manager For GTV)

https://plus.google.com/+GoogleTV/posts
    Last edited by CatfishRivers; 11-16-2012 at 01:52 PM.
    My web-mix (bookmarks) for GTV content. (In order to view all available content set GTV user agent to "generic"):

http://www.symbaloo.com/mix/googletvcontent

Member #
    Thanks I just posted a topic there too. Maybe it will help; can't hurt that's for sure. Thanks for directing me there.

I get the fact that sometimes things don't work but what irks me is when noone will even acknowledge the issue (Crackle) or simply say it's not their issue (Vizio).

Member #
    It works for me on Co-Star. I repeated CatFishRiver's test, with Sanford & Son. The directional keys don't work, but the pointer allows me to select and play any episode, they are all shown at the bottom. You can't do that?

Member #
    Using the pointer I can select any episode from the thumbnails at the bottom and the left side informational pane updates but I cannot for the life of me get any episode to play other than the one that started when I got to the page. I've tried it on multiple shows all with the same results. After whatever the initial episode is finishes, it automatically rolls to the next one. What exactly did you do to get the alternate episode to play, just tap the touchpad or something else? I believe Wisdom and someone else both confirmed the same issue I am having about a month or two ago.

Member #
    I just checked again with "Good Times". I just click (actually, double click sometimes) on the desired episode, I get a brown/burgundy highlight on that episode and it begins playing. I'm not sure it matters, but did you update to the latest software? I have version 3.4.0 that was released Monday.

Member #
    I got the update then as well and could have sworn it did not work following the update. I'll be home in an hour and will try again and let you guys know. Thanks!

Member #

Re: Need this commmunity's help - Crackle TV on Vizo Co-Star

Holy $hit! So I know I tried after I got the update and it didn't work. Fast forward to now and it works.

Of course I started a social media blitz today on twitter and facebook imploring Crackle and Vizio to revisit the issue and even posting it on the GoogleTV code tracker as a bug. So I've gone from an angered and neglected consumer to a smacked ass in the same day. Nice! But at least I'm satiated now!

Thanks guys you rock!

Sent from my Eclipsed DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2.4.4

Ads