GoogleTVForum.org is the largest Google TV/Android TV Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member #

adobee flash player 11....

Hello I am a new member because I want to look for information on Vizio Co-Star. I wonder if Adobee Flash Player 11,7,7, works well on the web because I desire to watch channels in Canada in french that use Adobee, If somebody can check if it works well then I could buy the Co Star.Here are the web-cites of the live tv look TVA - Émissions, Vidéos Exclusives, Artistes, Grille horaire and Télévision | Radio-Canada.ca and I used the following browsers: Explorer, Safari, Mozilla Firefox and google chrome.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by cristalain View Post
    Hello I am a new member because I want to look for information on Vizio Co-Star. I wonder if Adobee Flash Player 11,7,7, works well on the web because I desire to watch channels in Canada in french that use Adobee, If somebody can check if it works well then I could buy the Co Star.Here are the web-cites of the live tv look TVA - Émissions, Vidéos Exclusives, Artistes, Grille horaire and Télévision | Radio-Canada.ca and I used the following browsers: Explorer, Safari, Mozilla Firefox and google chrome.
    Google TV currently only supports Flash 10.2 So those shows that require Flash 11 don't work with GTV. After the upcoming Jellybean update - Flash will be completely purged from the GTV browser. There is a chance that after the Jellybean update Flash could be sideloaded to GTV (or a workaround might be possible) - we won't know for sure until after the Jellybean update rolls out (supposedly in the third quarter). Currently there are no workarounds for updating Flash on GTV.
    My web-mix (bookmarks) for GTV content. (In order to view all available content set GTV user agent to "generic"):

http://www.symbaloo.com/mix/googletvcontent

Member #

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by cristalain View Post
    I was able to play videos from both of those sites on my Logitech Revue. The only videos I saw available were short clips (between 1 to 10 minutes in length). So those work with Flash 10.2. I didn't see full length shows/programs listed - so I'm not sure if full length shows would use Flash 11 or not. The site is in French and I'm in USA.

Are there full length TV shows on those sites?

*Note: All the GTV devices currently have the same browser and Flash version - so the clips from those sites should also work on the Vizio Co-Star.

**But also be aware that after the Co-Star receives the Jellybean update in the third quarter - Flash will no longer officially be supported at all on the Co-Star. So then it will only work if a workaround for Flash is successful. And right now there is no way to know if a Flash workaround will work after the GTV Jellybean update. Thus if updated Flash functionality is your top priority - IMO I would advise looking at a different solution other than GTV.

If you check back after the GTV Jellybean update - we can let you know if there are workarounds for Flash on GTV that are successful.
    Last edited by CatfishRivers; 06-05-2013 at 06:56 PM.
    My web-mix (bookmarks) for GTV content. (In order to view all available content set GTV user agent to "generic"):

http://www.symbaloo.com/mix/googletvcontent

Member #
    Geeze, Catfish

That had to be painful, but truthful as well. Thanks for not looking at the GTV platform as more important than the probability of a lesser internet experience. We have seen many fanboi posts that deny any loss of media limitations using a HTML 5 format.

You could be Google's number 1 enemy...

Take Care & Beware

Carl

Member #
    I have been with the co star now for a week.and I can tell you,thts a yes and no..seems some gmes like on FB will play for a time then drop out ..same with java,it reminds you jv is not present.hey need to add these or do somehing to make up for that part

Member #
    catfish and carlszone,ita aken me some doing but geting use to this barbie keyboard till the unifier arrives..hope Mattel does mind that barbie ref lol.overall its worth more that what I paid for it.the youtube could be alittle more up to par but otherwise notb ad. Missing my keyboard from revue still.but good techy things come to those who wait..should have unifier this weeke

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaska4Me View Post
    catfish and carlszone,ita aken me some doing but geting use to this barbie keyboard till the unifier arrives..hope Mattel does mind that barbie ref lol.overall its worth more that what I paid for it.the youtube could be alittle more up to par but otherwise notb ad. Missing my keyboard from revue still.but good techy things come to those who wait..should have unifier this weeke
    What's a unifier?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by jdillinger View Post
    What's a unifier?
    Logitech unifying receiver, a USB RF receiver that allows connection of up to 6 Logitech devices that work with the unifying receiver. In his case, primarily he wants to use the Logitech K700, a full sized keyboard which is made specifically for use with the Logitech Revue Google TV and other Google TV models. I use the K700 with a Sony NSZ-GS7 and Sony NSZ-GT1. He plans to use it with the Vizio Co-Star which isn't ideal in my opinion but it may work well enough for his needs.
    Den - TCD652160 TiVoHD OTA Lifetime/1.16TB, Sony NSZ-GS7, Sony NSZ-GT1, Vizio Co-Star, Roku LT, Chromecast
    MBR - TCD652160 TiVoHD OTA Lifetime/660GB, Oppo BDP-80, LG BD590, Sony NSZ-GT1, Roku 2 XS
    Home Theater - TCD746320 TiVo Premiere Lifetime/2TB, Oppo BDP-93, PS3, Sony NSZ-GT1, Alienware M15x Intel i7-740QM, Roku 2 XS

Member #
    to speed things up...I bought a receiver on amazn too. lets hope the mouse is on the same game book page.this keypad is driving me nuts lol

Ads