GoogleTVForum.org is the largest Google TV/Android TV Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Member #

FlipBoard App Now Available For The Vizio Co-Star (NEW) Just Released

Again the FlipBoard app works like a charm as long as you have the screen orientation app on board, set to the "Landscape Mode" ...

You can get the new FlipBoard.apk (Extracted Via The Vizio Co-Star v5.3.0 OS) download HERE Flipboard_2.0.5.apk ....(Side Loading Is Required)

*You can get complete details HERE https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...51bGwsMSwyLDNd .... A Screen Orientation app is required, before installation and the screen orientation must be set to "Landscape" (NO SIDE LOADING REQUIRED) ....

*Please be informed, this has been explain already above, if you get the FlipBoard app from Google Play no (Side Loading Is Required) ....

If your get the FlipBoard apk, that I extracted from the Vizio Co-Star v5.3.0 OS, (Side Loading Is Required) ...

Description

Flipboard brings together world news and social news in a beautiful magazine designed for your Android phone and tablet. Once you pick a few topics, your Flipboard is built and you can instantly start flipping through the pages of news you care about and stories and photos friends are sharing. And with Flipboard 2.0, when you find things that you want to save for later or collect into your own ‘magazine’ on Flipboard, just tap the “plus” + button on any item.
    Flip through the news from your Twitter timeline as well as from outlets like the Financial Times, USA Today and The Verge. See everything from posts and photos shared by friends on Facebook and Instagram to videos from YouTube and pop culture nuggets from Rolling Stone. Find inspiration for your travel, style and life from places like National Geographic, Etsy and Cool Hunting. Or create your own magazines on anything from Cooking to Chemistry.
    Bring Flipboard on the train during your morning commute, catch up over coffee or on vacation, use it as a tool at work or simply to wind down your night. Search for anything or anyone, and make it your own.
    It’s the one thing to simplify your daily life.

Highlights:

★ With news and social networks all in one place, it’s easy to quickly catch up on the news you care about.
    ★ Search for anything—people, topics, hashtags, blogs, your favorite sites—and flip through articles, updates, photos and videos in a beautiful magazine format.
    ★ Connect Flipboard to up to 12 social networks, streamlining your reading and activities like commenting, liking and sharing. Services include Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Google+, YouTube, Google Reader, LinkedIn, Flickr, 500px, Sina Weibo and Renren.
    ★ Use Cover Stories, a custom tile on Flipboard that gives you the best of everything you follow on Flipboard. Cover Store is a quick dose of what’s happening now a constantly updated selection of articles, photos and videos shared by your friends.
    ★ Save anything to read later using Instapaper, Pocket and Readability.
    ★ Create a Flipboard account to access your favorite content and social networks on different or shared devices.
    ★ Enjoy Flipboard in 15 localized editions—for Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, Japan, Korea, Netherlands, Spain, Taiwan, U.S. and U.K.
    ★ Explore hundreds of staff picks in the Content Guide, including must-read magazines and blogs, gorgeous photography and special curated sections devoted to the news of the day and other topics of interest.
    ★ Access Flipboard quickly through the widget.
    KEEP UP ON FLIPBOARD:
    Visit our website http://www.flipboard.com and follow us via @flipboard on Twitter, on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/flipboard or Google+ at https://plus.google.com/+Flipboard for tips and tricks and other helpful information.
    To learn more about how to use Flipboard, visit our Support Page: http://flipboard.com/support If you are having technical issues or have any questions, we're here to help. Please send us an email to: support@flipboard.com

Last edited by Wisdom; 07-12-2013 at 09:41 AM.

Member #
    this is the freaking straw that broke the camle back...
    your freaking half assed information has crashed my system... so thanks for that.,..
    warning to every one... if you down load this and dont have an orientation lock you are screwed... and it will lock to portrait... and you will have to fig a way to uninstall or do a complete factory reset.. mho... i would not install this untill it is stated by some one else then forum,, go ahead and try this stuff out... but beware.... and consider the source.... now my gooogle tv is sidelined untill i restore every thing... man.. i should have known that this kinda crap would happen... just more freaking non solid information.. but i really like flip board but being a wisdom post.... what the hell was i thinking?

LIVID!!!!
    this Signature has been censored....

Member #
    Scuzzo, that sucks. If you want it fixed in the mean time, you can try the free version of Orientation Control:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....fameit.rotate

It might actually trick the Co-Star back into the right orientaion, if you never open Flipboard again.

Unfortunately it's a 7 day trial, but hopefully it can get you working for a short time. There's a paid version, but honestly I wouldn't waste money on it unless you find some other reason it might be useful for you.
    Last edited by Latenter; 07-11-2013 at 02:14 PM.

Banned
    Member #
    Dude please, did Google Play Store tell you anywhere in the description that you need a Orientation app with the FlipBoard app ...?

I don't believe you (Side Loaded) this app (FlipBoard), you downloaded it from Google Play, not from Wisdom ...

So why are you blaming Wisdom, Wisdom just posted the info, letting everybody know the Flipboard app is in the Google Play Store available for the Co-Star ...

*See, you more interested in defaming Wisdon, than taking your problem to Google ...

Google is the place you need to go, Wisdom don't own Google Play Store ... No go and defame Google ..!

I just installed this app, but my Co-Star system did not crash and I do have the best Orientation app on all my Co-Stars ...!

Banned
    Member #
    Ok, I'm currently in the process of extracting the Flipboard apk app from the Co-Star ... I don't believe the correct code is in this app, also I might be able to fix this app ... I will post the Xml Manifest file in a few, it should reveal the error ...

Member #
    how stupid are you? a tv is not a tablet... orientation is not needed for a tablet,, thats why it will run on a tablet... but i tv is always going to be in land scape,, flipboard is.... you know what,,, fook it.. im done.... have at it folks perhaps this thread will string out to a thousand of pages with lots of billion percent sure post... and lots of pointless graphics and even more half assed grandstanding cut and past plagery,,, it wrecked my system i had to uninstall from remote.. using the web site... but hey its wisdom so it must be correct and flawless information because... he is never wrong and he will be sure to tell you so... now im risking a vacation thread from the mod with going farther on this so.. its your machine.... if you want to risk this ..... have at it pilgrim...

Banned
    Member #
    Dude, you got this app from Google Play, Not from Wisdom ... Again, you can defame me all you want to, I don't really care, because I don't own Google Play ... Go make your complaint, where you got the app from dude ...

Banned
    Member #
    Another thing, at Google Play Store it says the FlipBoard app is compatible with the Vizio Co-Star ... Wisdom did not say that, Google did ....

Member #
    first of all grow up and quit reffering to folks as dude.. your not young enough to pull it off and it just sounds late and lame...
    your doing that revisionist crap again recrafting the OP so you dont look like a fool.. but before you edited the post no where did it mention orientation lock..
    you posted up in the OP nothing about Or Lock... not a word.. now you have edited the post to CYA.. if you are going to post up information that has a good chance of bricking a device... or at least requiring a full reset... grow a pair and warn folks... or do your freaking research before you post some magical app that you discovered... dont just go back and revise the orginal post.... and defame or what ever is not my intent.. you are doing enought of that with out any help from me... but i will warn folks to wait a few days after a wisdom post is up... so he can revise or adjust and debug the orginal statment... because if you jump too soon,,, the result is not great.... man,,, i have not one to blame but me on this,,, but,,, i kinda just wish there was an ignore member function,

Banned
    Member #
    It was Google's responsibility to tell you that you need a Orentation app with the FlipBoard app, not Wisdom ...Did Google tell you that you need a Orentation app with FlipBoard ..? Tell Google your problems DUDE ....

Ads