GoogleTVForum.org is the largest Google TV/Android TV Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
+ Reply to Thread
    News Team
    Member #

Hulu Plus & Blockbuster on demand

Hulu Plus subscription and Blockbuster on demand now available on VIZIO Internet Apps

01/05/2011

Looks like VIZIO succeeded where Google TV failed. In an official press release, the availability of Hulu Plus subscription and Blockbuster on demand have been announced for the VIZIO Internet Apps (VIA) platform. This means that consumers can download watch their favorite shows off Hulu Plus and movies from Blockbuster on their VIZIO TV sets. VIZIO looks like they’re set to dominate the TV scene, especially with a lot of big name apps coming out for the VIA platform. With the massive collection of TV shows from Hulu and all the latest and classic movies from Blockbuster, you pretty much never need to purchase cable or a DVD player again. With apps like Skype and Vimeo coming to the platform, and staples such as Facebook, Twitter, Wiki TV and Netflix, it eliminates the need for you to have a computer as well. It sure looks like the computer is slowly getting replaced – first by smartphones and tablets, and now TVs.

ARTICLE
    Rick
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Samsung HL67A750 RPTV, Panasonic LCD HD-TV TC-32LX50, 2-Panasonic LCD HD-TV TC-23LX50, DirecTV HR22/AM21/ Slimline 3 LNBF, 622 VIP DISH HD DVR W/ W D My Book Essential 750Gb EXTERNAL hard drive, ONKYO HT-S9100 THX speakers & 1080P A/V receiver, ONKYO DV-BD606 Blu-Ray Disc Player, Harmony ONE Remote, Logitech Revue GOOGLE TV, All TV's/computer Home Networked, Internet on both DVRs, 56 PICTURES of Home Theater,
    http://community.webshots.com/user/rickaren103

Member #
    Does this mean they are making good quality sets tho? Vizio has always been the "bargain" tv you got at walmart and target.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    That is a valid point.
    But, we all know that, really, tv's are only made by a few corporations, what 3, maybe 4 manufactures at most??
    It is what chip or processor, or boards, or even hardware is what sets them apart from each other..
    One manufacture company may make 8 brands, but with different components inside..

Member #
    i will never own another vizio if my life depended on it i had one and not good at all i returned it.

Member #
    i own a pioneer elite 60" fd-150,a panasonic vt 65", and 2 vizio 3d tvs m3d421sr and m3d550sr.
    comparing the "best tech available" vs the vizios latest tv i have to say that vizio has come a LONG way in bringing a decent,affordable watchable TV to the masses
    lcd's have their problems with edge lit displays vs plasma...but for watching 95% of tv and streaming they do a damn fine job

Member #
    Glad I saw this thread. I was thinking of getting one, but after reading some of the responses, I think I've changed my mind.

Ads