Quantcast

Accessing Yahoo E-Mail?

Discussion in 'Sony Internet TV' started by BobinVA, Dec 7, 2013.

1. BobinVA

BobinVA New Member

I own a Sony 24" Google TV (2011).

Starting 2 days ago,I've been unable to access my Yahoo e-mail on said Google TV from the Chrome browser.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Bob in VA
  2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Hi. I tried my Yahoo email with my Logitech Revue and it didn't work. I got the following message:

**Yahoo recommends you upgrade your browser to enjoy all the features in the new Yahoo Mail

Firefox
    Optimized for Yahoo

Upgrade
    Safari
    Latest Version***

I then clicked the link to enter my email without updating - but nothing happens. Apparently the outdated Chrome browser on our GTV devices is no longer supported.
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2013
  3. BobinVA

BobinVA New Member

Thanks,Catfish,

I get the same display that you're getting.

When will Google update the GT browser?
  4. CatfishRivers

Unfortunately the GTV Chrome browser will only be updated with the Jellybean update - and first generation GTV devices (those running the Intel chip) won't get the Jellybean update.(Your Sony GTV is a first-generation device). I use Gmail and it works good with my Logitech Revue.

Another option would be to buy the new Hisense Pulse Pro GTV box when it comes out in the next month or so. You could connect it to your Sony GTV - the Pulse Pro will come with the Jellybean update and the recent Chrome browser. I expect it will cost around $99. I know this is not an ideal solution because it would involve spending more money - but it's all I can think of for now.

Here is the link to the list of supported browsers for the full Yahoo email:

http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?locale=en_US&page=content&id=SLN3257
  5. Lbb

Lbb New Member

The basic version seems to be OK on the Sony GS7 -- I tried to post a link that gets me to it but this forum will not
    let me post a link. So now I have to find a workaround for THAT?

Well, let's try this -
    https://
    us-mg6.mail.yahoo.com/neo/b/launch?fid=Inbox

May not work for others, anyway
    • Like Like x 2
  6. CatfishRivers

Hi. Thanks for posting that URL for the basic Yahoo email. It works with my Logitech Revue. The Yahoo basic email version is comparable to the Gmail basic HTML version. Here is the URL that you posted in link form:

https://us-mg6.mail.yahoo.com/neo/b/launch?fid=Inbox

That URL you posted is very convenient - because Yahoo doesn't automatically direct my Revue to the basic email version. Otherwise according to Yahoo help (see link below) - one needs to be inside their full email version to make the switch to enablethe basic version:

Helpcentral Help | - SLN15090 - Switch between basic and full-featured Yahoo Mail

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*In reference to your not being able to post a link on this Forum - it's because there is a Forum rule that a new member must have at least 10 posts before posting a link. This is because a lot of unscrupulous spammers would sign-up for the Forum and then immediately bombard the Forum with junk spam links. So the ten post rule helps to control that problem.
  7. BobinVA

BobinVA New Member

As of yesterday evening,I'm now able to access Yahoo e-mail on my Sony Google TV. (24 inch,2011)

Not sure why I couldn't access Yahoo e-mail 2-3 days ago.