Quantcast

Anyone else ditch the remote for a wireless keyboard/mouse?

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by pterew, Oct 23, 2010.

1. pterew

pterew New Member

I have a 40" Sony Google TV. I tried plugging in my Logitech wireless/keyboard (MK320) into my TV, and sure enough, it works fine. After spending sometime punching the keys and watching what happens, I have managed to find most of the buttons (all that I care to use at this point) for browsing the web, opening apps, volume control, settings, etc. Don't know why they didn't tell us that up front. Anyone else find any interesting tricks?
  2. sparkyscott21

sparkyscott21 Moderator Staff Member

In the same realm of that question, has anybody tried using a mouse with the revue yet?
  3. qw545

qw545 New Member

I'm using a mouse with my Sony Google TV and it works fine. As long as it's a plug n play mouse it should work fine with either the Revue or Sony TV. The functionality is limited to pointing and clicking (no menus or other features that would require software). It's particularly useful when using CC&P with the Sony remote because it highlights text much easier than the technique needed using the remote only.
  4. sparkyscott21

sparkyscott21 Moderator Staff Member

Thanks qw545. I have yet to try it because my charger for the logitech batteries is hiding on me at the moment, and since you said that, I will have to look a little harder.