Quantcast

Audio Problems with Logitech Revue

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by skoretsky, Nov 29, 2010.

1. skoretsky

skoretsky New Member

I'm only able to get PCM going through my receiver - no Dolby Digital, Dolby PL, etc. This is my setup and equipment (Cable is Time Warner):

STB----HDMI---Revue----HDMI----AVR----HDTV

Equipment:
    Cisco 8640HDC-----Revue-----Pioneer VSX-1019-----Samsung LN46C630

I've reported this to Logitech support. Is anyone else having this problem, or found a resolution to it???
  2. xkwwwx

xkwwwx New Member

Logitech has not yet figured out how to pipe multichannel audio thru hdmi.you have to use the optical output. Which is ok. Considering this is the the highest rate of audio it will support at this time. Eventually they will fix this.
  3. skoretsky

skoretsky New Member

So the "optimal" setup is HDMI OUT from the Revue to the HDTV (for video), and OPTICAL OUT from the Revue to the AVR (for sound)?
  4. xkwwwx

xkwwwx New Member

Yes for now. Logitech is aware of the issue and hopefully they will address this with an update soon. Also some stb do not work well with more than two hdmi daisy chain links. If you want to stream or play more than six channel audio you will have to wait.
  5. Dsiebenh

Dsiebenh New Member

Lame-o
  6. Tech Noob

Tech Noob New Member

First I have to comment on the audio quality it is very poor. I have a 722K HD DVR from Dish Network hooked up to the logitech revue. I have a double surround 2 Z5500 logitech that output through a 4x2 optical matrix. I compared the sound from the logitech revue < 722K <Yamaha 697 5-disk cd changer. The sound is soo terrible. Even my pc provides better sound off mp3's.... I know logitech is aware of the issue but is there an ETA on when this problem will be fixed? I had another question too is a Slingbox PRO HD compatible with the Logitech Revue as TV1 where you can see watch satellite through your PC, laptop, and Ipod Touch 4G?
  7. TexAg

TexAg New Member

Any info on when they will figure this out? I have found this to be the most annoying feature of the Revue so far. I finally got a setup where every video component was HDMI into the TV, and the TV has an audio output to the receiver. No more switching the receiver to the proper input depending on what you were watching - just leave it on TV all the time. Now with the Revue, it feels like I am taking a step backwards having to run an audio cable directly to the receiver and change the receiver input every time.
  8. skoretsky

skoretsky New Member

Neither Logitech or Google have provided (to my knowledge) a timeline for when they will fix the audio problems. Or even acknowlege (in writing anywhere to my knowledge) that the problem even exists. I hope Logitech/Google are monitoring this forum, and forums up on Logitech's website, and I hope they provide us some guidance/roadmap soon...
  9. SteveH441352

SteveH441352 New Member

Do to the fact I'm required to use the optical out of the Revue, the quality of the surround sound is pretty awful. When feeding my Marantz AVR, it shows Dolby Digital indicator in the AVR, but the sound sounds more like mono, instead of wide, and no LFE at all, and very little sub woofer. Sounds tightly compressed, withy little dynamics. I've gone back to the cable box going to the AVR, and the Revue going to HDMI 2 on my LCD, and sound going to the AVR via optical. Just using it for internet delivery.
    The video of the Revue is also soso. Very grainy, compared to cable box going direct to AVR>LCD. Hope they fix sometime soon. For $330, I would expect alot more!
  10. TexAg

TexAg New Member

I noticed this yesterday while watching the Super Bowl. My guests noted that there was something wrong with the sound, that the stadium sounded very quiet and all they could hear were the announcers. So I switched to my local Fox OTA signal using the TV tuner rather than go through the Revue/Dish Network route, and the sound was night and day better. Even though my receiver showed Dolby 5.1 on both, the sound from the OTA station was far superior.
  11. xkwwwx

xkwwwx New Member

Make sure you have your audio option in the settings menu set to dolby and not pcm.this will insure correct audio placement.
  12. jdk1962

jdk1962 New Member

The problem is if I set the Revue to Dolby Digital, all of my Dolby surround audio comes out of the left and right speakers only. No Dolby Pro Logic. No surround sound. It is stereo only. If I set the Revue to PCM, the Dolby Pro Logic surround works OK but I do not get Dolby Digital on the HD channels. My STB is a DirecTV Hr-22 and my AVR is a Yamaha RX-V863. The biggest problem seems to be that it only outputs 2 channels in PCM mode. I am going to call support tomorrow evening and see if I can get someone to understand the problem.
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2011
  13. Jbail33

Jbail33 New Member

I have experienced problems with google TV playing surround sound from any source within the Google TV itself. For example, streaming a NetFlix movie from my AVR (my AVR is equipped with apps such as Netflix and YouTube) produces a quality surround sound. Playing the same NetFlix video from the google TV NetFlix app, yields no surround sound. Same holds true for YouTube.

Also, the Logitech Media Player does not produce surround sound (whereas playing the same files directly from my AVR does). This is probably the worst aspect of it because this is where I play all of my local content. Also, video quality is significantly worse using Logitech Media Player. Google TV is basically useless to me at this point. I have tried using the optical cables option, but that does not work either.
  14. localseattle

localseattle New Member

We just bought the logitech revue but can't get any audio. we have it set to STB-HDMI-AVR-HDMI-TV. our receiver is a sony STR-DG720 and is HDMI capable but still won't work. we tried bypassing the receiver and plugging into the TV and it works but then we dont have surround sound. help!
  15. John.Kotches

John.Kotches New Member

i would expect the revue to decode dd to multichannel pcm and transfer that, but I'm nowhere near my system to see at this point.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk
  16. Timber

Timber New Member

The first thing to check to get this working, is the HDMI settings on the set top box. I have TimeWarner and before the Revue I was using optical out from the STB to my AVR. Surround sound worked great with that setup. Then I added the Revue, and I had HDMI from the STB to the Revue and optical from the revue to the AVR and I lost surround sound even though I had the Revue set to Dolby. I found a setting in the STB to output surround via HDMI. I'm not at home, so I'm not sure exactly what it was called, but it's pretty obvious once you are in the HDMI settings. Once I set that my surround sound is back and sounds just fine. It seem that the STB always outputs surround via the optical, but it is an option via HDMI.
  17. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

Make sure ur AVR is set to [AMP] & Not to [AMP+TV], From menu you’ll find it under VIDEO [6-VIDEO].

[AMP] output surround sound from AVR (no sound from TV).
    [AMP+TV] output only 2 channel PCM (stereo) from AVR and TV (will not decode bitstream multi-chls).

Also, make sure [DEC. PRI.] is set to [AUTO], From menu you’ll find it under AUDIO [5-AUDIO] (default setting)

Good Luck!
  18. macdude

macdude New Member

Not sure this is the right place to post this comment but it has to do with 5.1 audio. I just called Netflix and they indicated that Logitech is responsible for development of the Netflix app on the Revue. Given that Logitech has ditched the Revue to the graveyard, are we dreaming that they will update the Netflix app so it will provide 5.1 audio?Macdude
  19. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

Hopefully, in Revue/GTV 2.0!! (Sony/GTV 2.0 didn't seem to get it)