Quantcast

Best way to Stream From Computer?

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by trudinh, Apr 7, 2012.

1. trudinh

trudinh New Member

I been Streaming Movie Since like almost a year and a half, As time goes by I downloaded more and more movies. and now the media player on google tv is just running slow and some movies just totally stop "working" like an mp4 files that were playing just fine and the next day it just stop working and pop up a message saying unsupported format or some kind of error saying unable to play it. I try using Tversity but apparently it doesn't support any cover art pictures, it just a long list of movies. so i stay with window media player. Anymore suggestion on what i should try, Something that is better then Tversity that has cover art picture for the videos.
  2. sbtyper

sbtyper New Member

If you're looking for cover art you should try Mezzmo. It has great reviews. As far as supported formats check out the forums on the logitech website. You should have no problems playing mp4 format all my movies are encoded in that format. I use Tversity and it works 99.0% of the time. If it is running slow it might be your network connection. I have connected mine through Powerline Adapters not wifi so its like running ethernet cables. What's also cool is I use the search feature and I just type the name of the movie and it shows up in the results by scanning my media and I just play the file.
  3. trudinh

trudinh New Member

I'll give Mezzmo a try.
  4. trudinh

trudinh New Member

OK, so i gave mezzmo a try, and i set everything, create playlist, etc. and when i try to play a file on my google tv, unsupported format or corrupted file error pop up. But it seen that my tv show episode run fine but all my movies has an unsupported format or corrupted file error pop up.

Maybe mezzmo doesnt work with large files, maybe mezzmo only work with small file like tv show episode. well that my guesses, any suggestion on solving this problem?
  5. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I don't use a DLNA server for playback of local files, since I don't have any, so my suggestions will just be a shot in the dark basically but if you can't get Mezzmo or TVersity to work, try Serviio since I have seen some high praise for it. I finally settled on PlayOn for my DLNA server needs and love it but I only use it for internet streaming from sites that block GoogleTV.
  6. skirk08

skirk08 New Member

Try plexapp.com
    • Like Like x 2
  7. ColmARocK

ColmARocK New Member

I just use ES File explorer. All my other PC's and laptops are available in the LAN tab and it can stream all my videos and musics directly to my GTV.
    I also use File Expert, FTP Share folder option, to stream from my GTV USB HD directly to my other devices : Android Tablet, PC and Phone.
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2012
  8. snook789

snook789 New Member

I 2nd Plex!
    It's awesome!
  9. trudinh

trudinh New Member

Dont You have to pay like 2 dollars for the plex apps?
  10. snook789

snook789 New Member

Well worth it! It has a very slick interface. I use it more then any other app.Give it a try. You won't be disappointed
  11. Boomn4x4

Boomn4x4 New Member

Check your couch cushions, I bet you can find the $2 there. If not, take up a collection with your friends and family. I'm sure someone would give you the two bucks just to get you to stop complaining about something that costs $2.

I have paid for the android app twice and once for the iPhone app... a grand total of $9. Its worth every penny.

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk 2
  12. xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx New Member

So is this the final answer? I am having trouble streaming 4GB+ MKV files from my Windows 7 PC to the GTV. I have tried going directly from the GTVBox Player App using SMB, which seems to work on a majority of the movies, but for the high end BR Rips, it fails. I have setup Plex on my PC and GTV, and the same issues arise (though Plex cannot transcode MKV to a compatible GTV Format correct?) I am currently using Mezzmo, which seems to run through a 10 minutes pre-transcoding process, and then allows the GTV to play the video through WIFI DNLA, yet it hiccups as well. I have tried every other DNLA streaming app that exists. What it boils down to is that the WIFI connection just cannot handle that much data?

Does this seem to be the final answer? Hence, everyone recommends these Powerline Adapters?

X
  13. mcd2000

mcd2000 New Member

If your movie has size more then like 15-20Gb, this will usually do not work well over WiFi.
  14. xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx New Member

I switched to direct Ethernet instead of WiFi, and the problem has been eliminated.

Note: As long as the Revue has a direct connection to the router, you still run your PC via WiFi and SMB sharing is quite fast. It must be something with the Logitech WiFi Adapter. I am assuming if I directly wired the laptop to the router, it would be even faster, but WiFi from Laptop to Router, and direct connection of Revue has solved the issue.

Problem solved!
  15. jralabate

jralabate New Member

How I stream movies to my google tv is with plex. I just use Plex for android(side-load). I have Plex set up on a linux box also.
  16. trudinh

trudinh New Member

I know this is a bit slow, but i gave plex a try and the worst problem is Decrease in Quality. and plex is kinda slow in loading video. pick a movie and it take about 10 sec to load, i need instant and also when fastforward or rewind take too long to load.