Quantcast

Cannot sign into Youtube

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by Boomn4x4, Feb 1, 2012.

1. Boomn4x4

Boomn4x4 New Member

When I try to sign into youtube on my Google TV, it says "Your accout is not linked to a YouTube Account. Please sign in at www.youttube.com to link your accounts". However, my account is linked. I can sign in through my laptop using the exact same account just fine.
  2. Boomn4x4

Boomn4x4 New Member

Figured it out.... You need to have a "Channel" defined. Click on My Channel..... when I did, it told me I needed to create a channel. I gave it a channel name and saved it. I was then able to login on my Google TV.
  3. eferz

eferz New Member

Cat seems to think you'll need to create a Google+ account and connect to YouTube with that. I dunno. I'm guessing if you have a pre-Google YouTube account whose email is not in the gmail domain then you're probably going to have quirky issues. Its Google's underhanded way of making you dependent on their services. This is my assumption and opinion anyway. Not really technical advice like I normally offer.
  4. eferz

eferz New Member

Cool. Good to know.
  5. Boomn4x4

Boomn4x4 New Member

One thing to add should anyone else have the same problem.... I also noticed that my "age" in my YouTube profile was blank so it wouldn't let me play any videos that were flagged as being mature content. Google doesn't give you the ability to change your age once your account is created. This particular account was created on my android phone so I don't know what I missed when I set up the account, but apparently I missed adding my birth date.

Anyway, aparently whenever you create a Google account, you are automatically given an attached YouTube account. Fornutatly, I already had a Google account from years ago. What I had to do was go into my account settings and delete my new YouTube account. Then log into my old YouTube account. That account was already linked to another account (yeah, in confusing myself too) so I had to go into three accounts settings and unlink it. Then I had to log back into my new account. When doing so it will recognize you have a unlinked account and will prompt you to create a new one or link to an existing. I clicked on link to existing and entered the account information for my original account. Logged out and back in on Google TV and it recognize my she correctly and let me look at the mature content.

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk