Quantcast

CBS, NBC, ABC, FOX and Hulu etc. workarounds

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by cnewbold, Feb 27, 2012.

1. cnewbold

cnewbold New Member

Just looking for some suggestions on DLNA certified media sharing programs to access episodes on these sites through my Logitech Revue.
  2. x586

x586 New Member

I use the one built into windows media player and except for having to delete the database and re-index when I add new content it works well.

oh wait nm i read that wrong, just ignore
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
  3. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

4. cnewbold

cnewbold New Member

Sorry for asking, but once I have Plex installed on my computer and Logitech Revue, how do I stream the Full Episodes from the CWTV website to my tv?
  5. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

For the logitech revue youll have to use playon.tv since I don't think it has the newest update to enable HLS or HTTP Live Streaming to your device. Currently I think only Sony devices have HLS enabled so plex works with hulu and other streaming sites.
  6. cnewbold

cnewbold New Member

Thanks, I'll try playon.tv. Same question applies though, once playon.tv is installed, how do I stream the episodes to the tv? I haven't installed playon.tv yet so I wasn't sure if it is pretty straight forward.

Thanks.
  7. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

Once you install playon.tv to your computer, all you have to do is open chrome up on your revue and type in the web address of g.playon.tv and your revue should detect your computer running playon and bring up the playon page on the screen.

Don't forget if you want to use hulu with play on you should open the program on your computer after it is installed and add your username and password to playon in the hulu section. Same goes for netflix and pandora and all the other stuff if you have accounts for them .
  8. odsamuels

odsamuels New Member

Just to add a VERY important caveat that I wish I had found before going through and setting up. Plex works GREAT... but be aware that you have to install/setup the Linux version of the server if you plan to stream Hulu, the windows version apparently doesn't support that. It supports everything else it seems though.
  9. saeba

saeba Active Member

Wow! Glad I didn't know that when I setup the Plex Server on my Windows 7 Pro 64-bit system.... because Hulu works great for me. I just spun up Plex on my Android Tablet and I'm watching Family Guy on Hulu via my Windows Plex server.
  10. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

I agree , hulu works great with plex on sony google tv devices as the logitech revues still need the update to catch up with the sony patches.
  11. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

Playon.tv users should check for updates today as Playon added a ton of stuff to it's program including HBOGo and other channels :) Below is what they posted is new -
    [h=3]Version 3.5.0.3075[/h] [h=4]Released 31 March 2012[/h] Features and Changes

• New channel: HBO GO
    • New channel: Disney
    • New channels: ABC, NBC, FOX
    • New channels: HGTV, DIY, FoodNetwork, Cooking Channel, Great American Country, Travel Channel
    • Fixed MLB
    • Fixed Vevo
    • Fixed Comedy Central listing no videos
    • Fixed issue with Pandora playing multiple streams
    • Fixed Netflix for subgenres and kids folders
    • Improved video thumbnail image caching
    • Built-in custom browser form for ISP/cable provider logins
    • Reduced overall size of installation and patch files
    • My Media no longer "beta"
      • Ability in PlayOn Settings to specify file extensions that should be served directly to devices, without transcoding
      • Option in PlayOn Settings to transcode as fast as possible (helps improve fast forwarding)
      • Better support for media on network shares (NAS, etc.)
      • Support for USB-attached devices
      • Better hierarchy and structure of media file folders and categories
      • Ability to include iTunes playlists, specified in PlayOn Settings
      • Added extraction of thumbnail images for local video media
      • Improved efficiency of overall metadata extraction from media files
      • Dynamic cover art for all media, if possible to acquire from online sources
      • Including embedded or external subtitles in transcoded output
      • Option in PlayOn Settings to indicate preferred subtitle language
      • Checking and respecting parental control metadata in local files
      • Samsung TVs: showing thumbnail images as well as ability to directly serve .srt subtitle files
  12. thekylesouza

thekylesouza New Member

I prefer Plex to PlayOn personally.
  13. rebu2007

rebu2007 New Member

How did you install Plex? When I go to Google Play and try to install it, it says that my device is not compatible. I have the sony bluray player.
  14. thekylesouza

thekylesouza New Member

I'm having trouble with Hulu and NBC on mine. I am using a Windows machine, plan on changing to a Mac one to see if that helps.
  15. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

rebu2007 are you trying to install the right plex from the store as there is a 4.99 one that is labeled plex for android and a .99 cent one labeled plex for google tv. The one I use for google tv is at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.plexapp.gtv
  16. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

Have you updated to the latest version of playon as they updated the program on April 3rd. What trouble are you having as you don't say - maybe I can help.
  17. rebu2007

rebu2007 New Member

Yes, that's the one I'm tring to install but I can't because is says that it is not compatible. I've tried from the google play app and from the google play website as well with no luck.
  18. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I just purchased PlayOn/PlayLater and think it is really good. I might look at a whole house license I like it so well although running it on one PC gets video to all 3 TVs easily enough with a PS3 and 2 Google TV boxes. I am going to see how well my Oppo BDP-93 and LG BD390 play with it, I haven't checked that yet. Although apparenlty there is no "official support" for Google TV, it works nice with Google TV for my needs. I also bought the Plex app and installed the Plex media server on a couple of PCs and will play with it some but I don't see anyway I will like it as well as PlayOn. The PlayLater DVR is nice because I can record programs that won't be available at a site for long and watch at my convenience. No trick play to skip commercials as far as I know but I can live with that.
  19. thekylesouza

thekylesouza New Member

rebu2007: I just went to the play store on my tv and searched for "plex", it came up (0.99) and i made the purchase there, using the Sony nsz-gt1.
    trallyus: I am using Plex, not PlayOn.
  20. rebu2007

rebu2007 New Member

I made a factory reset, but I'm still getting the "not compatible" message. I'm including a photo for your reference. I have no idea about what could be wrong.

$screenshot.jpg