Quantcast

Comcast HD DTA HDMI out

Discussion in 'Sony Internet TV' started by lschroeder, Jul 11, 2013.

1. lschroeder

lschroeder New Member

Has anybody tried getting Comcast new HD DTA with HDMI out to work with Google TV. I have the 40" original google tv. Was using clear QAM, just switch to OTA, tomorrow I am going to local Comcast service center to pick one of the new HD DTA's up. They encrypted my clear QAM, according to chat room support I can have an HD-DTA in our region for free for 1 year. I can also trade in one of my SD-DTA's for $1.99 per month for an HD-DTA.

I have a Logitech Revue connect to my other Comcast HD STB. It was originally an Moto 6412 phase III. The new Comcast Moto box worked with the same setup as the 6412. Will keep you posted.

2. lschroeder

lschroeder New Member

HD DTA works. I had to use the manual settings. Set for ESPN and USA no HBO or Showtime. Used comcast for my zipcode. The Primetime Guide works from the Home screen. I have not edited out channels that are not received. Still playing with channels. I cannot get the quick guide (guide button) to work. My 40 in Google TV has the guide connected to the OTA guide. Even if I delete OTA channels the quick guide does not work. I have Logitech Revue on my HD Comcast STB. Primetime their has option to set guide guide button to it. No option is available for the Sony Google TV.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

Hi

Make sure to enable the Quick Guide in the Primetime App. Scroll down the side menu and click on the tools icon (cog wheel). Make sure the Quick Guide box is checked. Also, after you have edited your channels, if they don't all show up or you see channels that you have deleted, click on personalization and then your e-mail addy. Then hit back.

If you are saying that the Primetime app doesn't show an option for the Quick Guide, then you may need to go to manage applications and delete updates. This should not affect your channel lineup.

I am confused about your reference to OTA channels. Those should have nothing to do w/either the Primetime app or the Quick Guide as all info will be coming from yer cable box and not the TV tuner.

I might not be understanding yer problem so pls post more info if needed.

Carl

4. lschroeder

lschroeder New Member

There is no option on the clog for Quick Guide. If I delete updates from manage application for PrimeTime it says it will takes me back to factory reset options.

I ran this set with clear QAM until July 9, 2013. Comcast removed the clear QAM on that date. I have an antenna running through my house as well. So I installed OTA (over the air) digital with the built-in tuner in my Sony 40" google tv. A couple of days later I went to Comcast service center and picked up their new HD DTA. Used HDMI 3 and made it my TV option.

It does the complete Digital Starter package with a few entries from Digital Preferred. When I scan the GTV for the new HD DTA it could not be found, so I manually set it up for ESPN and USA no HBO or Showtime. This options stills finds additional channels in Comcast's Digital Preferred that the Primetime App displays. I will need to remove the extra Digital Preferred channels.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2013