Quantcast

GS8 vs GS7

Discussion in 'Sony's NSZ-GS8 / NSZ-GS7' started by revue5, Jun 10, 2013.

1. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

2. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

edit page ...

3. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I believe the devices are exactly the same except the NSG-MR7U remote is included with the NSZ-GS8 and the NSZ-GS7 includes the NSG-MR5U remote. The primary remote difference is the MR7U adds voice control but there may be other very slight differences.

4. overtimeman

overtimeman Active Member

I'm really disappointed as I was expecting something new not the GS7 with voice command remote.Most of the people who purchased the new remote when it came out say they are "NOT" %100 satisfied with it.Guess we'll just have to be glad our browser is going to be kept up to date.Sorry,just caught my mistake.Most folks posted that the voice recognition of words is way off.That's the reason I didn't worry with purchasing the new remote.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2013
  5. jonw747

jonw747 Well-Known Member

There hasn't been a whole lot of comment about the remote on this forum. I've mentioned having issues with it not always being ready to listen, and having to reboot the GS7 to get it to work. Functionally, it's a good start, but it has a long ways to go. One big problem appears to be a general reluctance people have talking to a device.

6. twospirits

twospirits New Member

Well I for one do not have an issue talking to any of my devices. ("Why you little *&^#%", "I said Mad Men, not More Men $*@&") etc etc lol

All joking aside, I love my voice-abled remote which is why I felt it was needed to get it a while back. It makes things so much easier to search with. Granted, there is a learning curve (language wise and certain word wise) that one needs to use to fully get the benefit of voice searching.

TS

7. pmcd

pmcd Active Member

I realize that this really is subjective and many people find it useful but for the life of me I can't understand why anyone would want to talk to their TV. It seems that every new gadget is pushing this voice thing. I wish they would spend more time getting decent content so that searches would yield something worth watching.

Philip

8. jonw747

jonw747 Well-Known Member

The reason is easy... talking to your TV can potentially save a ton of button clicks, but it all comes down to whether the TV understands what you said and what you're trying to do accurately and quickly. An interesting study would be what people's tolerance is for mistakes, but I suspect it's very low. Voice recognition, IMO, needs to be pretty close to 100% accurate or most people will abandon it.