Quantcast

HBO GO never works for me

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by Mattylance, Sep 3, 2011.

1. Mattylance

Mattylance New Member

I have the revue, Dish Network and Comcast as my Internet provider. When I go to "spotlight" and click on HBO GO it takes a moment to load up but it doesnt have the content in the middle frame displayed. So it has the title bar at the top with the search field, and at the bottom it has the watch list but just blank in the middle.Sometimes it briefly gives me an error screen saying I need to update my browser, but I never get any video or content. Any ideas?
  2. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

Try going to the hbogo website instead of using the HBO GO app and see if that works for you better. If it does, just use the star button to bookmark it. If it gives you the same problem, try going to your settings and scroll to the bottom of the settings menu where it says about I think and do a check for system updates and see if your revue is up to date.
  3. eferz

eferz New Member

There is no HBO GO app, the items listed within the Spotlight widget are links to the web page.
  4. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

If thats the case checking for an update would not hurt and if that fails try resetting the revue using the CTRL+ALT+DEL keys to restart flash.
  5. krisguy

krisguy New Member

I think that HBO now requires Flash 10.2 or higher, just like ESPN3/WatchESPN does. If that is the case, then it won't work unless you have Honeycomb on the Revue.
  6. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

I just tested HBOGo with my tv and It is working great for me. It did pop up a message that chrome was not responding while the video was playing but I clicked wait and it fixed itself.

I have not had an update in ages either.
  7. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

If your still having problems after my last suggestion , My last suggestion to try is try signing in to HBOGo with your dish network email address and password instead of your comcast credentials. If you tried that already try switching it around then and login with your comcast credentials and that way you can see if the same thing happens on both accounts or if it's just one that is having trouble.
  8. swould333

swould333 New Member

I've had a similar issue in that Amazon videos would'nt play... the way I resolved it was by going to settings -> applications-> Google chrome... here select clear data and then do a control+alt+delete... it'll restart the revue and all should be well in the world again.