Quantcast

i can't find or install apps for android tablets to my google tv..why?

Discussion in 'LG Internet TV' started by sayjohnny1437usa, Dec 31, 2012.

1. sayjohnny1437usa

sayjohnny1437usa New Member

i can't find or install apps for android tablets to my google tv..why?
    is there anyway to install tablet apps to google tv? i go to google play store, and saw the apps i intalled on my tablets and tried to click it on my google tv, unfortunately it says: your device isn't compaticble with this version...

how come the google website says that apps for tablets can be used on google tv, but i can't ,.. if there's anyway,, how???
  2. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I also own an Android tablet and several Google TV boxes, some apps can be installed on both devices but most can not be installed on Google TV. Of the apps that can not be installed on Google TV, most would be of no use on Google TV in my opinion but if you want to try side loading, some can be side loaded but based on what I have read, only a very small percentage of side loaded apps not intended for Google TV will run properly.
  3. imanalien

imanalien New Member

the easiest way to install any app to try on google tv is get a dropbox account,install it on all your devices. to install it to your google tv just search the web for the latest apk. someone always uploads it somewhere you can download it and install it.once done then download any app you want to your tablet or phone upload to dropbox. goto your google tv open dropbox and install it easy peasy. you will want to seek out an app called rotation locker and get that installed on your google tv then open the rotation locker app and lock your google tv to landscape view! i have installed many apps that force close on google tv because they always open in portrait view but if you force them to landscape they open and work just fine.not every app as said in previous posts will work but i have almost every app i want on my gooogle tv working, from officesuites to games like wordfued. the only browsers that actually work well on google tv is maxthon mobile,which is my favorite, and dolphin browser. others work but your choice of course.the only problem i have with google tv period is not being able to install apps as i can and know how, its flash player. if someone would root this damn thing i could install flash properly and all video would work in every browser etc.
  4. Fomol620

Fomol620 Active Member

when a developer makes an app they have 3 choices, they can make it for Phones, Tablets, or GTV. heck they can even design to app to work on more than one if they want. basically if the app was not designed/optimized to be used on GTV then you will not be able to install it.

sure, you can download the apk and try installing apps that were never designed to work on the GTV in the first place, but you might run into compatibility or stability issues, and only recommended if you confident that you know what your doing.
    • Like Like x 2