Quantcast

If You're Thinking Of Buying A Revue - You Might want To Wait Until The Holidays

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by CatfishRivers, Nov 17, 2011.

1. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

There is currently a new ongoing thread in the Logitech Revue forums about a customer purchasing a Logitech Revue bundled together with the webcam (in the same box) for only $105.

The customer posted a picture of the box and sales receipt. He stated that his Best Buy told him that going forward they will only offer the bundle for $105. It was also reported that Best Buy had this deal on their web site - but it has since been removed. And on the official Logitech web site the Revue/webcam bundle is still being offered for $199.

I called my local Best Buy (in Florida) and they don't know of this deal yet.

So either this was an error by Best Buy

OR Logitech is preparing for one big final Revue bundle 'blowout' sale for the Holidays. The official holiday buying season starts after Thanksgiving - so 'maybe' this deal will be available to all then. We'll see.....

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Revue/BB-selling-Logitech-Revue-Bundle-w-TV-Cam/td-p/729590
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2011
  2. icecream

icecream New Member

This deal is 100% Legit, I just purchased 2 today @ $105. each in store for xmas presents. this deal is Live now however YMMV - depends on if your local best buy pulled them off the floor . Note - Best Buy removed this bundle from their online site earlier this week so don't call the store asking for stock, just go to the store SKU number is 3991658.

fyi - I got the last 2
  3. CatfishRivers

There is a new thread about this on the Logitech forum now. Somebody ordered the Revue/webcam bundle from Best Buy online for $105 a few days ago - then they called him back and told him it's not available yet:

From that thread:

----- "I was able to do an online order at Bestbuy.com for a new model that has the revue with Googletv and also has a webcam included for $105. After ordering I received a call from BesBuy stating that thay actually have not received the item as yet. My question is...does this model exist and if so when will it ship to retailers such as BestBuy? The model number is 991-000057. They even had a skew number but no need to include that here.Thanks for any info."

New Logitech Revue model - Logitech Forums
  4. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

Killer deal, if I can grab this deal I will.
  5. Cygnus

Cygnus New Member

Wow...I feel ripped off and I paid $99 with no tax. I can only imagine how ppl who spent $300 on GTV feels. So only BB got this bundle?
  6. CatfishRivers

It appears as though only Best Buy offered the bundle for $105 thus far. I never saw it offered on Amazon or from the Logitech web site.

My best guess is that Logitech is planning one last final blowout super sale for the holidays - to get rid of the remaining inventory.

Probably Best Buy prematurely made the new bundle available too soon. (As the bundle was on their web site and then removed).

That's just my guess though -:)
  7. eferz

eferz New Member

I went a head and bought two of them as Christmas Presents. I'll probably return tomorrow to get two more and finish off my Christmas Shopping for the year. They're selling for $105 each which is a steal, considering the packages for the TV Cam were sitting right next to them and are being sold for $149. Best Buy also has the option to add their for two year extended warranty for $19.99 or four years for $39.99. I figured since its discontinued if it breaks later, Best Buy will have to replace these with newer models.

In case anyone is interested in the pictures of the boxes there's a link below. Sorry about the image quality, I've misplaced my digital camera so you guys have to suffer with my iPhone 3GS pictures. At least, I've even scanned the receipt and bar code from the box. They're superimposed on the bottom left and right corners respectively. The picture is pretty large, so you'll have to zoom in on the imageshack website to get a better view.

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I'm thinking that Best Buy is going to get this exclusively because of the original Google TV alliance; Google, Intel, Adobe, Sony, Logitech, Dish Network, and Best Buy.
    • Like Like x 2
  8. icecream

icecream New Member

now that you mention it I am now having second thoughts of not getting the two year extended warranty for $19.99, you are right they will have to replace it with the newer model....I may try to see if they will add for me tomorrow:D
  9. Cygnus

Cygnus New Member

How good is the frame rate of the cam? GTV does not have a video card in it to improve the FPS and image quality right? Also, what PC software can you use to communicate with..google talk?
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2011
  10. goalweiser

goalweiser New Member

Thanks for the info on this situation. I'm glad I did not buy the second one early. If I can find this bundle, I will buy several for my family. Great Christmas gifts and a good way to keep in touch.

Does anybody know if Google+ Hangouts will be supported on these devices?

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 10.1
  11. CatfishRivers

I just saw the following new post on the Logitech Forum:

"just went to my local Best Buy in Cleveland, OH. They had the bundles in the back. He said they're puting them out for black Friday. The price was $129.99
    He asked the manager , and was able to sell me one."

---------------------------------------------------

So it's kind of looking like my original hunch was correct - that these Revue bundles will be available to everyone beginning on Black Friday. Probably a few of the Best Buys put some of the bundles out on the shelves a bit early. Not sure why the Best Buy in Cleveland is offering them for $129.99 (instead of $105) - but if you can find any more for $105 before Black Friday - it might be a good idea to jump on it quick.
  12. popeye123

popeye123 New Member

The $105 was wrong price applied at warehouse-that is why pulled. $129 will be regular price even past black Friday.
  13. kymavsfan

kymavsfan New Member

It is in the 11/20 Best Buy Ad on page 18 for $129.99 (Combo Revue with Camera)
  14. popeye123

popeye123 New Member

All the Revue $99 packages were sent back to be re packaged.
    I would wait til the 25th. The $129 Special Bundle I would think will drop drastically to dump and get out. My guess going down to $79?
  15. CatfishRivers