Quantcast

Jetflicks on Vizio Costar

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by PhoenixBennu, Oct 22, 2012.

1. PhoenixBennu

PhoenixBennu New Member

I was wondering if jetflicks works with the vizio. I use jetflicks alot, as it works better than hulu or netflix for viewing recent content (stuff like "walking dead" is uploaded by the day following airing).

You can download the app from the play store, but essentially you just have to be able to access jetflicks.mobi from a tablet or phone browser. There is also a windows app the operates like a mobile web browser emulator.

Has anyone tried jetflicks?

Can someone test it for me? All you have to do is try to go to jetflicks.mobi and then let me know if it stays on "mobi", or goes to the desktop site.

Thanks in advance. :)
  2. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

Jetflicks works like a charm, just (Side Load) the mobile app ...!
    • Like Like x 2
  3. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

IMO If something sounds too good to be true - there is usually a catch.

Are you sure that Jetflicks is a legitimate company? Their website lists absolutley no contact information or company information whatsoever. No phone number, no street address, etc. Their domain registrar is all very secretive and done by proxy. Try doing a "whois" domain search for them and you will see what I mean. Here is a link to a thread about a discussion as to whether Jetflicks is legitimate:

'JetFlicks!' Best kept secret on Android

Of course no one can say with 100% certainty what their deal is - but IMO it looks shady. I personally would not send money to this company for a subscription. But that's just me......
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  4. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

Ha, I had never heard of JetFlicks but it isn't difficult to tell it isn't a legitimate site, it is pirate site. AMC is not providing "Walking Dead" to Jetflicks the day after airing so JetFlicks can stream it to customers. Here is the answer to the question, "How does JetFlicks work?

How Does JetFlicks Work?

I do like the answer given, nothing but repeating the question, like an echo, there is nobody there to answer the question.
    • Like Like x 2
  5. seanwi

seanwi New Member

So?
    Work or not working on co star?
  6. PhoenixBennu

PhoenixBennu New Member

jetflicks is a good service to use. They have been around for years, and I have subscribed to them off and on for a while. I do not know what their licensing is, but they are apparently able to keep going. There are plenty of people using jetflicks, and I have used it on my PC, on my phone and tablet for a long time.

I used to use them for mobile viewing when I was at work, but now that I cut the cord from cable some months back, I have used them more and more.

I assure you that there is nothing illegitimate about jetflicks from my experience. They do not have the most coherent website, and I do not know their legal details. However, I pay them ten bucks a month for nearly two years or more now, and never once had a problem. They seem to have their legalities and licensing worked out. If there is something illegitimate, than I am not aware of it, and they have been able to hide it for years. Some of their content is edited and not direct, like you might expect from hulu or netflix, so it appears like it was pulled from a dvr, but thats a limited scenario. Quality is always nice, streaming is easy and faster than some others, and they are always adding content. They have a TON of content already. probably would say at least 100 shows that are not outdated ones, and some that are. Like ren and stimpy, beavis and ********, malcolm in the middle, that 70's show, simpsons, eureka, tosh.o, cleveland show, futurama, family guy, and more.

Its worth trying out at least for one month.

I use netflix, hulu, and jetflix as my three main tv sources. Netflix for obvious reasons, jetflicks as my main source for most things to watch the day after they air, and hulu for whatever is left. So with netflix and hulu already available on most devices, jetflicks is really what is pushing me towards the vizio over a roku
  7. PhoenixBennu

PhoenixBennu New Member

this video is not done by me, but it a good overview of the application. Kinda crappy webcam but overall a good run through. lol. There are tons of video and threads throughout the tech community about jetflicks. Its actually available on every mobile device.

Thats where the issue is. You HAVE to go to the jetflicks.mobi site....NOT the jetflicks.com
    if you go to .com you get a different site. So I was worried about whether or not the browser on the vizio would treat it like a mobile browser or not. if it did, than it would load the .mobi site properly and work. Otherwise it would not work. There is a windows application you can use as well, but not one that I would assume would work on the vizio.

However, I thank the feedback that it does work. I got my vizio order off Amazon. I was hoping to buy it in a store and not wait for shipping, but got a new amazon setup for the free trial of amazon prime, paid 3.99 and got overnight shipping, so it will be here tomorrow :)
    Now just time to sell my tivo box :p
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2014
  8. seanwi

seanwi New Member

Can someone post link to the wright jetflicks application that work on co-star?
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2014
  9. PhoenixBennu

PhoenixBennu New Member

you should be able to search jetflicks.apk and find it easy. it is a free app so you are not pirating anything. All it is, though, is just a launcher for the browser. You actually go to jetflicks.mobi sign in/up and go from there. That means you do not have to install it, just go on any mobile web browser and go to jetflicks.mobi . Thats why it didnt work on the PC for a while, cause the PC browsers do not emulate the mobile browsers, and the emulators do not support the video playback functions. They made their own 'application' for windows now, so you can watch it on a computer.
  10. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

• Like Like x 2
  11. PhoenixBennu

PhoenixBennu New Member

Awesome, Wisdom. Thanks for the link and for making sure it worked :)
    • Like Like x 2
  12. PhoenixBennu

PhoenixBennu New Member

Wisdom,

just curious how your jetflicks is working and any tweaks needed. I got mine installed (through your drop box side loading method) and I can get to the video and make it full screen to play it, and the sound will play, but it is very sluggish and the video does not play. Then if I back out the video is playing in a small box in the top left corner that I can see before it closes and goes back a page.

Any suggestions?
  13. PhoenixBennu

PhoenixBennu New Member

well I did a reset of the device, and reinstalled dropbox and jetflicks, but this time the same thing happens, except now the video plays, but only in a small corner, in the top left. Its like a mini player playing, and not going full screen.

Still trying to get it work, but no luck otherwise.
  14. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

If the app is not working, try playing it through the chrome web browser ....
  15. PhoenixBennu

PhoenixBennu New Member

thats the funny thing, is that it works, and it will try to load the video but then give a force close message. If you wait and then continue trying to load the video you can eventually hit the full screen option (the option bar at the bottom only shows for a brief second while it tries to load the video) and then it tries to load in full screen and will then play the audio perfectly, but the video is now a small little video in the top left. Basically like it tried to full screen the video but didnt, and just left a bunch of black space.

I assume its probably an error with flash.

Is there a way to change flash player? I went through and messed with a lot of settings and nothing fixed it.

Without Hulu Plus, I am seriously debating just returning this and getting a roku player. I really just got this for jetflicks cause I thought it would work. Otherwise not much more benefit for me over a roku player. Decisions, decisions.
  16. rawdawg437

rawdawg437 New Member

im having the same issue with a sony box . any help would be appreciated
  17. badbradd2

badbradd2 New Member

This program is also awesome and it works perfectly if you sideload it onto the Co-Star. I streamed a bunch of "How I met Your Mother" episodes, and the movie "The Campaign in HD. The program is called IceStream, and it is essentially a player for the Ice Films website.

You can get the android app here:
    GetJar | Mobile |
  18. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

What everyone streams is their own business - but just so everyone is aware IceFilms is a site that deals with pirated movies/TV shows. The Internet Service providers are starting a new program called the "Six Strikes Online Piracy Program" - in an effort to combat sites such as IceFilms.

If your IP catches you downloading pirated material you will be sent a warning letter and could get your bandwidth throttled (among other things). See link below for more information:

http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/...es-online-piracy-program-set-deploy-year.html
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
  19. seanwi

seanwi New Member

Can you send me the apk file?
    I can't download it
  20. gr8birdie

gr8birdie New Member

I downloaded the jetflicks apk, it installed, but when I try to watch something it opens like it is going to start then just stops like I watched the full episode. Anybody seeing this problem, and if so has anyone found a fix?