Quantcast

M-GO app and 99 cent SD movies

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by ChrisG8, Mar 3, 2013.

1. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I just installed the M-GO app on both the Sony NSZ-GT1 and Sony NSZ-GS7 but it I could not install it on the Logitech Revue. This is the first app from the Play Store I can recall that could be installed on the NSZ-GT1 but not the Revue. In any event 99 cent SD movies for 30 days and $1.99 HD movies for 30 days. I plan to rent Argo, assuming it can be rented for the discounted price, and see how the service works.
  2. ChrisG8

I did rent Argo, all movies, including new releases are available with the promotion. It is a terrific film in my opinion.
  3. polardude1983

polardude1983 New Member

I downloaded this app to my Sony nsz-gt1 and tried playing different trailers. Had a hard time buffering on 3 Mbps connection and shortly after I started the trailer it would close the trailer and go back to m-go app. Anyone else have this?
  4. ChrisG8

I have a 12Mbps internet, this service works really well with the NSZ-GT1 in my opinion and at least during the promotion, the prices are the best available for recent releases. I didn't read the speed requirements but I will guess you don't have the necessary internet service for it to work well.
  5. ChrisG8

Also, the NSZ-GS7 didn't play full screen for me, a frame in the middle, black bars all the way around was the result and I couldn't figure how to fix it quickly. All other streaming services I have used work properly with that box.
  6. ChrisG8

7. ChrisG8

I rented "Life of Pi" from M-Go last night, HD version, and it did not play well at all, constant picture breakups and buffering using either the NSZ-GS7 or NSZ-GT1. I rented "Cirque du Soleil: Worlds Apart" for tonight and a brief test played beautifully. I reported the "Life of Pi" issue to M-Go. I was able to watch it using my girlfriend's laptop with HDMI output, it played well and we both loved the movie, so I got my $1.99 worth despite the problem with playing it using Google TV. I would not recommend renting "Life of Pi" right now with Google TV, I suspect an encoding problem or some issue on their side. I just checked the last time before my rental from last night expires, still doesn't work properly.

Overall, I am having a blast renting recent movies I wouldn't otherwise see for sometime and can discuss with children and grandchildren while the films are still fresh in their memory. Unlike me, they go out to the movies once in a while. I spend too much on home audio/video equipment to do that and also need to stay home and use it to justify the investment.
  8. googlethis

googlethis New Member

If there were any movies worth renting I might give one a go but nothing looks worth a damn to me.
  9. ChrisG8

I put 29 in my watchlist and will pick about 6 of those to watch before the promotion expires.
  10. jschall

jschall Member

11. ChrisG8

• Like Like x 2
  12. jschall

jschall Member

Thanks, Chris. It says:
    [h=3]This app is incompatible with all of your devices.[/h]???
  13. ChrisG8

I believe M-Go only has rights for the US, maybe it will change in the future but I would think there are comparable Canadian rental services now.
  14. ChrisG8

M-Go added Zero Dark Thirty, The Hobbit, Rust & Bone and probably a couple of others. M-Go is only 2.0 PCM audio at this point, not sure of future plans.
  15. ChrisG8

I have mentioned this in other threads but M-Go is working to add the Revue to the compatible devices list, hopefully soon. I have communicated with them about the need for the service with all Google TV devices, I believe the Revue is the only one without M-Go at this time.
  16. ktklein72

ktklein72 Active Member

I believe the last update or maybe the one before it finally added the M-Go app to the Vizio CoStar.

Well I guess with all of the audio debate going on over in the CoStar forum this one is a no-brainer - cheap movies for 30-days and only 2-channel stereo. Now you've got me curious - I wonder if the audio streams from Amazon, Netflix, Google Play, Redbox et al support multi-channel audio or not. Something else to add to my bucket list of things to do...
  17. ChrisG8

The 2.0 channel PCM compared to paying $3 more on Vudu for surround sound is a an easy choce for me. There are quite a number of recent movies I want to watch available here. By the time my 60 days are up, I will have watched about 10 movies from this service.
  18. ChrisG8

Zero Dark Thirty was terrific, slow if you are expecting an action packed film but very interesting if you wanted to view a procedural about how to track down a terrorist and kill him. I rented the SD version, I spend a lot of money on this stuff and need to save when I can and the SD version worked great and looked better than I thought it would.
    • Like Like x 2