Quantcast

NBA League Pass page not working properly.

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by Orlando Boom, Oct 29, 2010.

1. Orlando Boom

Orlando Boom New Member

90% of the reason I purchased the Sony TV with Google is to watch NBA games using NBA League Pass so I can ditch my cable provider.
    When in full screen game mode 1/2 the picture is off the TV. I'm sure it's a problem with the browser because it works fine on my computer. The ticker and points are centered, just the actually game is off the screen. When I use a smaller sized game either the sound works or the video works. Neither work at the same time.
    I'm guessing there isn't a solution other than an eventual update addressing this but anyone know who to contact regarding this or how to find out what's in future updates? Google's page points me to Sony customer support, but I'm guessing it's Google's browser that is the problem.
    Any advice/feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.
  2. GTV Daniel

GTV Daniel New Member

I'll pass this on and find it out it's something we've seen before. Thanks for the feedback.

-D
  3. justinf

justinf New Member

I'm seeing the centering issue too, but it looks like it can be worked around a little by zooming out.

The bigger problem is that I can't see any streaming video any more. The video area is black and few seconds of audio plays before stopping. The transport controls are partially missing.

I had video the other nigh, so is NBA League Pass blocking the Google TV? Can any one else try this?
  4. bgoodri

bgoodri New Member

NBA League Pass does not work well at all with my Sony. Picture is off-center in full-screen mode. Have to refresh several times to get video and / or sound. Can't zoom in or out.
  5. Thmsjhn1

Thmsjhn1 New Member

Has there been any update on this? I am going to talk to the NBA live chat and ask them if they are blocking it on google tv later today (it opens at 3pm). I imagine that it is something on googles end though.
  6. Legomaniac1727

Legomaniac1727 New Member

I have the same issue but I bought the Google TV external unit. I contacted League Pass and they said that they do not support the use of League Pass on Google TV. They only allow it on MAC or Windows CPU's. Of course it would be awesome if Google TV would help us out here, because like most of you... League Pass is the reason I purchased a Google TV product. Any updates would be great.
  7. rcolligan

rcolligan New Member

I am having the same issues....

My problem is i cannot "drag game here" in the beginning when you pick which game you want to watch on the screen. The browser area below where you pick your game does not show up. all i get is the black screen with the nba logo. on my computer it works great. on google tv i cannot get down to the browser to select anything...very frusturating. i tried to live chat with the nba league pass support people and that didn't work. i filed a ticket recently. hopefully i get some feedback. thinking that like all of you, we have some incompatiability issues between league pass and google tv....this could be a major issue for me. if so, i will have to return my google tv for the apple tv.
  8. tschaba

tschaba New Member

I've been trough this and I feel your frustration.
    Press "ctr and -" keys simultaniously to zoom out of the page. I.e. making it smaller to fit the screen. After the page shrank you'll be able to to see the bottom as on your computer and drag games on the flash player area.[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]You might have to click outside the flash area before (top or on the site) to get the focus on the web page itself.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]After that the "flash crash" problem is the the thing that we still have to deal with. Sadly, it happens too often to make the experience enjoyable.
    [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]
    [/FONT]
  9. jakoh

jakoh New Member

the ctrl+- method doesnt work to zoom out on the stand alone sony google tv blu-ray. But if you press the zoom button on the front of the controller and swipe down on the optical tracker (never works the first time you have to swipe like 3 times everytime) that will zoom out of the window and show the whole application allowing you select the game of your choice.
    With that said the full screen button does not work on the flash application. It continues to stay on "loading video" then you have to go back and reload. In order to watch full screen you have to re-zoom in after selecting the game and closing the Game Selection slide-in. This is where the second problem arises, you miss the bottom part of the video as much as the top title of the page when zoomed in.

Frame rate for the application is on the low side it seems to stutter but very minor issue considering how hard it is to just start a game. The video quality is not bad, although darker than hdtv (i have pretty fast internet 12mbps).

It would be nice to just click the game from the web browser link and it start automatically in flash without having to select the game again.
    • Like Like x 2