Quantcast

Netflix error - tvp-805

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by mikebaratta, Jan 8, 2013.

1. mikebaratta

mikebaratta New Member

Hi,

I'm new to the Vizio Co-star, just installed it about a week ago, and have not ever been able to get Netflix to play ANY titles. I can log into the Netflix app but get an error when trying to play a movie or show. The error is:

"We are having trouble playing this title right now. Please try again later or select a different title." and it has the code "tvp-805".

Netflix's support site says its network connection (TVP-805 Error | Support), but every other device in my house on the same network can access with no issues. I even tried the "Konami Code" and logged out and back in again.

Logitech Revue #1 (Wired)
    Logitech Revue #2 (Wired)
    PC (Wired)
    Roku (Wifi)
    iPad (Wifi)

Any ideas? I tried searching this forum for the error code, to no avail.

Thanks in advance,
    Mike
  2. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

Hi Mike

Try force closing the Netflix app. Home Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>Netflix. Click on Force Close. Make sure cache shows all zeros.

Carl
    • Like Like x 2
  3. mikebaratta

mikebaratta New Member

I have no idea how that worked, but it did. Thanks a lot.

Does your Co-Star stop responding often? I find it in that state about every other day since I got it. I haven't found a way to reboot it without pulling the plug. The volume on my tv (using the co-star remote) still works, so I don't think its the remote not responding.

Thanks again.
    Mike
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

Hi Mike

Er...I don't own a Vizio Co-Star. I just recognized you were probably having the same problem I had starting out on my Logitech Revue. You will find that many glitches are system-wide. Glad it fixed it for ya. Someone who owns the Co-Star may be able to help you w/the unit specific problems you are having. Sounds like a heating problem. Look up Wisdom in this forum. He is the resident expert here.

Carl
  5. mikebaratta

mikebaratta New Member

thanks. I've had overheating problems with my revue as well. Found out when I bought the replacement and now have two. lol Thanks again.
  6. shotgun93

shotgun93 New Member

I have the same problem also. Tried to clear the cache but obviously this did not need to be done as the option was grayed out. I don't understand how Netflix plays on the computer or my phone though.
  7. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

First, power cycle your router and Co-Star, should work normal now ...
  8. teanbean521

teanbean521 New Member

the force close for me didnt work (on mine it says force stop, i dont know if that makes a difference) the cache also couldnt be cleared. how exactly do you power cycle a router and co-star? im not very good with electronics
  9. jcorey

jcorey New Member

I was getting the AIP-701 when trying to play anything last night. Other devices around the house work just fine. After some Googling, I came across the Konami code. It sounded wierd, but whatever. I did it (up-up-down-down-left-right-left-right-up-up-up-up), and deactivated my CoStar. After logging in again, it all just works.