Quantcast

Pandora cutting out frequently

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by gerryger, Dec 10, 2010.

1. gerryger

gerryger New Member

I have the Sony Bluray device to access GTV.

Anybody having problems with Pandora cutting out in the middle of a song. This pattern repeats itself after about 5 songs. When this occurs I push pause and then play again and nothing happens. I then advance to the next song and everything is fine. Unfortunately this trend continues frequently.

I have a wired ethernet connection and truly don't believe it is a buffering problem.

2. skoretsky

skoretsky New Member

Known problem, widely reported on the Logitech Revue forum - another on the LONG LIST of fixes needed: Pandora stops after playing 4 or 5 songs - Logitech Forums

3. rahulc

rahulc New Member

I am also have this problem. I first thought it was a problem with one isolated unit, I had to change the GTV box because of a problem and I am finding the problem in the new box also. Seems there is some sort of bug with the application. It works fine when you access pandora through the chrome browser.

4. srramalot

srramalot New Member

Wow this was driving me NUTS. I fired up Pandora started cleaning my apartment. After a while I realized that the music had stopped (and I thought that maybe it was because i wasnt in the app anymore). I started it and I realized that it had stopped, again (then I thought well maybe its because of the screen saver). Now I started it yet again and I'm leaving app on the screen without the screen saver to see if that works (but reading what everyone else is saying, it might not). I'll update in a little bit I guess.

I have the Sony BluRay player...

5. srramalot

srramalot New Member

The Pandora app doesnt stop playing if you stay in the app and turn the screen saver off. Its been playing for about 2 hours now.

6. alphawave7

alphawave7 Moderator Staff Member

So, screensaver kills the Pandora app? Interesting..sounds like the early days on my G1! LOL!

7. rahulc

rahulc New Member

It seems to be a known issue both with Sony and Logitech Google TV's. It doesn't matter if you use wired or wireless the app itself is buggy. I am curious what happens to people who have the Pandora subscription.