Quantcast

Play video from my PC

Discussion in 'LG Internet TV' started by tomhunks, Oct 12, 2012.

1. tomhunks

tomhunks New Member

Just purchase LG 55" Google TV and been trying to play movies from my computer.
    Purchase Plex and installed Plex media server, but every time I play video, I get sound but no video, no matter what I play.
    The TV feature says the TV supports DNLA, but not sure how to view video from my PC without 3rd party app.
    Can someone guide me how to setup my TV so I can stream videos from my PC?

Thanks!

2. polardude1983

polardude1983 New Member

No I get that issue too, on some videos. I got tired of it and just use an external hard drive hooked up to my set top box, and use GTV box.

3. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

Go in to your google tv and fire up plex on it and go to the plex settings and then pick advanced settings, and transcode, try changing direct play to enabled or to offer choice of direct play.

Most of the time this will fix the problem of no video and only sound.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2012
  4. Fomol620

Fomol620 Active Member

yes you need a 3rd party app just to play media via DLNA...if you want to use Plex you have to use the PLEX media server (not just any DLNA program) and the plex app on the TV...i would do exactly what TRALLYUS said.

its probably because the videos that you are trying to play are not supported by the tV, so you need to have plex transcode it for you...or find another DLNA server program that can transcode and the downlaod a DLNA media player from the app store so you can play via DLNA..