Quantcast

Revue + Android 4.2: Wireless Display mirroring

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by brutzel1, Nov 20, 2012.

1. brutzel1

brutzel1 New Member

Hey,
    since you can now push videos from your android phone to your Logitech revue + TV, I was wondering if you can also make use of the new Wireless Display Mirroring introduced by Jelly Bean 4.2?

I have a Samsung Galaxy Nexus and just received my 4.2 upgrade - according to multiple sources you can now mirror what you have on your phone display and play it on your HDTV. I was wondering if the Revue can do this from a hardware standpoint or if I need the mentioned wireless adapter? I know that the Youtube feature is different but it essentially recognizes both gadgets in the same WiFi network and then lets them interact - so my hope is that with the right software, I'd be able to do this via the Revue.

Any ideas?
  2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

The Revue hardware doesn't support Miracast without the special Miracast adaptor. However you can use an app such as the Able Remote to stream videos/photos from your mobile device to the Revue.

Miracast would probably work with the Revue if you purchased the special Miracast adaptor. However as you can see from the folllowing Miracast web page (see link below) - the Revue is not a "certified" Miracast device.

http://certifications.wi-fi.org/sea...ch=1&lang=en&filter_category_id=14&listmode=1

So my opinion on this is that the Revue would "probably" work with Miracast (on the condition that you used the special Miracast adaptor):
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
  3. brutzel1

brutzel1 New Member

thanks for the tip with Able Remote but it doesn't really do what I want it to do. You can view video from your phone on your TV but only through the Gallery App - What I want is play Videos from sources like Netflix and HBO GO on my phone and then be able to see them on the big screen. Main reason: HBO GO app on Logitech Revue is very buggy, slow and crashes often so it's been a headache. Would love the opportunity to just play it on my phone and then beam it to the big screen. Do you see a workaround based on what I'm trying to achieve?

thanks!
  4. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Hi. I came across this device on Amazon (see link below) - however I have no idea how well it works. There are currently no user reviews posted:

Amazon.com: Mirror Android/PC screen to HDMI TV: Electronics

As you probably already know you could use a DLNA app to stream files stored on your device to GTV devices - however DLNA doesn't work with streaming services such as Netflix.

Recently in the press there are reports that Google is working on a new wireless mirroring system to rival Apple's Airplay:

http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/off-topic-discussion/6634-google-wants-take-apple-open-airplay-alternative.html