Quantcast

RTSP Stream?

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by MrAndroid, Jan 12, 2011.

1. MrAndroid

MrAndroid New Member

Ahoy Hoy,

My fiancee and I are having twins soon (monday to be exact), and I have a nice IP camera set up as a baby monitor (that way it can be seen from anywhere!). The camera has a web interface, but it was designed for IE, so you can get a video stream with the web interface but not audio. The camera has other stream types built in, but chrome doesn't seem to understand them. I've listed them below:

rtsp stream ending with .sdp (mpeg4)
    rtsp stream ending with .sdp (3gpp)
    http stream ending with .av (mpeg4)
    http stream ending with .asf (asf)

Chrome within GTV doesn't understand the .av or .asf container, and doesn't even know how to process a rtsp stream (it just gives me a "webpage not available" error). I know I can use an rtsp stream in android's browser on my phone and it will open up the media player and play the stream, but i can't seem to find a way to view the IP camera with audio on my google TV. help!

2. TheSanTechnologist

TheSanTechnologist New Member

I would guess that .asf would be your best bet, the problem is exactly what you said. Your phone opens the media player which clearly on your phone has support for streams (video, audio, or both). The media players built into the GTV devices at this time don't appear to support these streams yet. Your best solution might be to use a desktop sharing application like logmein.com and run the stream on a laptop or desktop and use logmein.com to view your PCs screen via the GTV Chrome browser.

Good luck on the birth of your twins!

3. MrAndroid

MrAndroid New Member

Well does anyone know of a DLNA client that can handle internet streams (like rtsp) that works on linux?