Quantcast

Samsung's AtivQ Is A Windows Laptop and an Android Tablet In A High-Res Package

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by CatfishRivers, Jun 20, 2013.

1. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Samsung's Ativ Q is a Windows laptop and an Android tablet in one insanely high-res package | The Verge (click for full article)

by David Pierce - June 20, 2013

"Samsung's famous for launching every type of device under the sun, but this time it's crammed them all into a single package. The company's just announced the Ativ Q, a dual-booting device that runs both Windows 8 and Android 4.2.2 inside a 13.3-inch convertible laptop package.

The most impressive parts of the hardware are the insanely high-res 3200 x 1800 screen - the first use of the new display Samsung announced in May - and the flexible hinge that allows the Q to work in tablet mode, laptop mode, stand mode, and a sort of floating mode. From a hardware standpoint, it's remarkably similar to the Acer Aspire R7, though at .55 inches and 2.84 pounds it's a much more manageable device."
    • Like Like x 2
  2. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I didn't see a guess on the price. I will need a laptop in a year or two, mine is 4 years old now and the dual boot Android/Windows would make sense for me but not if it is expensive.