Quantcast

"The hd content of your repeater has been compromised" HELP!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by joeydrunk1, Nov 18, 2010.

1. joeydrunk1

joeydrunk1 New Member

Hello guys, I'm having a problem and ive been posting it in a bunch of forums but I can't seem to get an ansr.

Here goes: I've had my pace rng110 cable hooked up through my logitech revue(Google tv) and then out into my harmon kardon avr and then out to my tv and everything has worked fine. I recently decided I wanted an avr so I took my rng back and got the Motorola dch3416. So I adjusted the settings on the dvr and the Google tv and hooked it up and I would just get intermittent signals to the tv. It would send a video and or audio signal for about half a second then it wouldn't do anything and be black screen for about a second, it would just keep doing that. So I checked all the connections messed with all the possible settings but couldn't get if to work. Oh yeah, and somewhere in thee I had called comcast to have them troubleshooting and send there signals and what not but to no avail.

So I had the cable guy come out there the next day and he went through everything and decide.to try a newer dvr but he didn't have one so we use an older dvr, the Motorola dct3416, by the way on the lovitech revue website It lists both of these as compatible dvrs. So we hooked it up, adjusted the settings and the picture and sound came on for a second and the on the tv screen it read The HD content protection of your repeater has been compromised. All devices connected to your repeater will not be authorized to receive video over the digital link." So the cable guy thought it had something to do with the hdmi copyright protection either in the avr or the dvr. Oh yeah, and before when we had the first dvr hooked up we connected it straight to the avr without the. revue hooked up and it worked fine. So we tried the 2nd dvr hooked up without the revue and it akso worked fine. Then we hooked the 1st dvr back up again, the dch3416, hooked it up through the revue lime its suppose to be and now this one starte reading the same thing on screen about the content protection of my repeater. By the way its calling my avr the repeater for some reason.

So he did everything he could and said I needed to pick up Comcast newest dvr the Motorola dcx3400. So I went and got that one and hooked it up and it too is reading the same thing on the tv screen about content protection. It too works fine directly through the avr. I also fried all new hdmi cables In. case that was the problem but it wasnt. Also mh harmony kardon, my cables and the revue are all hdmi 1.3 so i dont see why its not working.

I called logitech and he told me to look on the help screen wich i
    I did whilei was on the phone with him and it states that the dct3416, dch3416 and the dvd3400 along with 3 other dvrs do not work when you hook them up to the revue and thru a dvr. It's the dvrs problem, if there's more than one thing hooked il between it and the avr it causes the dvr to display that message. This is a huge joke! One of the biggest cable companies, the three main dvrs and they don't work! Cmon! They soul have anticipated this and made a fix for it, this is a huge problem. Another thing he said was that thieving was a call he got all the time but yet he didn't have a list of dvrs that do work.

So my question to you guys is what Comcast dvr do I need to be able to work with my revue being ran thru my avr?
  2. alphawave7

alphawave7 Moderator Staff Member

IIRC, the Revue box should be next to last in line..tv is last (like a monitor)->Revue->AVR->cable box. At least that is the way I understood it (no personal experience). :)
  3. joeydrunk1

joeydrunk1 New Member

There's only 1 way it can go: cablebox to revue to avr to tv.
    Or if I didn't use my avr it would be: cablebox to revue to tv.
  4. alphawave7

alphawave7 Moderator Staff Member

5. joeydrunk1

joeydrunk1 New Member

6. SpyderMS

SpyderMS New Member

So, this is just an idea, and really just a workaround for your situation, seeing as it doesn't seem like you're going to have luck with 'any' of the DVR's from Comcast.

Anyway, what you could try is this...

1. Connect your DVR-->Revue-->TV via HDMI
    2. Connect your Revue-->AVR using an Optical Toslink cable

This way you remove your AVR from the HDMI daisy chain, but still get all the benefits of digital audio through your AVR. The only downside being that you're back to switching inputs on your TV, instead of just switching inputs on your AVR. Better than your GoogleTV not working, I say... and it buys you time to find a better solution.

-John
  7. joeydrunk1

joeydrunk1 New Member

dddddd
  8. SpyderMS

SpyderMS New Member

You're welcome :) As for the picture quality difference, perhaps it was an HDCP issue that your DVR is having with your receiver. The DVR might've been downgrading the image quality because something wasn't 'compliant' with it's copy protection instructions. It likely has nothing to do with your HDMI cable. The $3 high-speed HDMI cables at monoprice.com will (in almost, if not all cases) produce exactly the same quality of image as the $700 one at Best Buy. Sorry you had to find this out after the fact :)

Interesting, according to Wikipedia, "HDCP allows for up to 127 devices to be connected together, with up to 7 levels, using a combination of sources, sinks, and repeaters.". That certainly isn't true in your case, which would mean Motorolla is not in compliance...
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2010
  9. argylesocks

argylesocks New Member

I too have the 3400 and get the same error message. I need to have the AVR right before the TV as I also have my XBOX hooked up to it.

What I ended up doing was running the revue to the tv, and then a separate optical line for the audio to the avr. so I still have the hdmi line going: cable>revue>tv
    just just make sure to set your avr to the right setting for your audio.

seems to work so far.....

of course, now I'm out of luck with the xbox....unless I take the tv off the wall & run another hdmi for the xbox
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2011
  10. joeydrunk1

joeydrunk1 New Member

Why cant u hook ur xbob up into your avr, thats Ihoure I have mine. I have my review hooked up like you, then I havw my xbox,bluray,and hddvd player run thru my avr and ran a second hdmi to tv. Mines on wall to, it was.kind of a pain.
  11. SpyderMS

SpyderMS New Member

One too many there, eh Joey? :)
  12. argylesocks

argylesocks New Member

Yeah, I should have explained that better. Yes, I plan on doing just that. But currently I only have 1 hdmi from the TV through the wall...it is currently hooked up to the Revue, so I need run another from the TV, going to the AVR.
  13. ajayreddy

ajayreddy New Member

I had the same issue and I was able to find a work around:

Intial setup: STB-->Revue-->AV(sony htct150)-->TV

This gave me the error message:
    (I believe that the STB's are configured to output only to 2 layers,involving the AV will make it 3 levels(revue-->av--TV))

WorkAround:

STB-->Revue-->TV
    This will fix the Video issue.

Use an Optical Cable for Audio.

Revue-->AV(just for Audio)

Hopefully this will answer the question.
  14. Nemois

Nemois New Member

The HD Content Protection of your Repeater has beencompromised. All devices connecter to the repeater will not be authorized toreceive video over the digital link.
    This is the message I get from comcast DVR plugged in with HDMI or RGBRW Cables even directly to the TV. Has anyone had this issue with them. Even if I plug the HDMI into the samsung home theater system and back to TV I get this issue. Do you have any Ideas. Also this does not happen when I use the DVD player or XBOX playing a DVD or game. Please Help.