Quantcast

Too much wireless interference

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by ValarMorghulis, Sep 24, 2011.

1. ValarMorghulis

ValarMorghulis New Member

hello, i've got the sony google tv. My problem is when i turn on the power to my boston sound sytem (with a wireless sound bar) it disrupts the signal between my wireless router and the google tv, resulting in a loss of internet connection. Also when the said sound system is turned on, the signal from my google tv remote to the TV is severely hampered and has very sluggish performance. both of these issues are corrected when I turn off the sound system. I bought the boston amp and sound bar with the goog tv so...kind of a bummer.

thanks
  2. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

That is a bummer but there may be a fix although returning the sound system with soundbar is the simple solution I recommend if it is a possibility. If not or if you just want to keep the sound system, don't give up hope, there is often a fix for inteference by changing frequencies where possible or moving devices slightly. Let us know the router, Google TV, and sound system model numbers.
  3. frmorrison

frmorrison New Member

I got powerline ethernet to fix my problem with wireless speakers and GTV.
  4. Bdarly

Bdarly New Member

Do you have a suggested fix? I have searched all over the place. Can you or anyone tell me how to change the frequencies?

Thank you