Quantcast

UFC on Google TV?

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by MadDogMike, Feb 25, 2011.

1. MadDogMike

MadDogMike New Member

Does anyone know a way to watch UFC events/videos on Google TV?

Attempting to watch video on UFC.com shows the following error: "We do not currently support video for this version of Flash." (Example link: UFC 127: BJ Penn pre-fight interview )

Attempting to watch UFC videos on Yahoo shows this error: "We have checked your operating system: It does not meet our minimum requirements." (Example link: UFC 127: Penn vs. Fitch - UFC Pay–Per–View on Yahoo! Sports )

Attempting to watch certain UFC videos on Sherdog.com shows that I have to install Silverlight. (Example link: Breen on UFC 127 )

If I click to install Silverlight, it leads me to a download site for a Linux version of the plugin. Will that work?

Any fixes or work-arounds for the first two errors?

thanks,
    Mike

2. galfert

galfert Active Member

You can't install anything on Google TV yet. When the app market opens up you'll be able to install apps and get further enjoyment from your Google TV device.

3. MadDogMike

MadDogMike New Member

Thanks, that's what I figured in regards to Silverlilght. I'm still curious about the Flash issue on the UFC.com page, and the OS issue on the Yahoo Sports page. Seems like there might be a work-around for that. I'll try changing user-agent in Chrome when I get back home, but I'm not too confident that will work.

4. Towelie

Towelie New Member

I have a google sony set top box with bluray player(the first Sony box). I had issues using UFC TV website to utilize their 6 different camera views on my GTV box, but was able to stream from the UFC's youtube page in HD with no streaming hiccups. granted at night my TW cable internet flies at around 28Mbps down.

also, if you are looking for fighter interviews, old fights, or behind the scenes footage, then feel free to look up a channel I started on Redux TV using their GTV app. They made it a featured channel and i try to update it with new content daily as my free time permits. F YO COUCH MMA - Redux it's a work in progress. Let me know what you think.