Quantcast

Valued Customer...?

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by tdavismann, Jan 7, 2013.

1. tdavismann

tdavismann New Member

I wasn't surprised by Sony, but Google's failure to act on my behalf is beyond disappointing- it's a deal breaker. My favorite possession was my previously stolen "Sony Google Tv" (the physical- LED TV...not this new program/app/network that I'll begrudgingly ignore and choose whatever comparable iGadget ill now (again, sadly...) align with.
    Here's my story: longtime google fanatic, appreciative of the products/services that Ive "bought" with the acknowledgement of sacrificed privacy- but having a google technician straight-up telling me that my $800 google product (smart tv) can be tracked/located...potentially..., but like other tech companies (that I had not shared such respect for- previously...) they don't offer assistance to their "valued clients" whose documents, marketing data, and physical whereabouts are exploited/tracked/recorded for $ gain, even when an EXPENSIVE, consumer product bearing their name is stolen- and despite being fully capable of locating the tv and delivering justice to a criminally victimized customer. I understand the costs, explicit and intrinsic- of offering such a service broadly...but when a man has been robbed- and holding proper documentation of the incident's details...along w all product/tracking digits...he should not be shut-out by powerless technician- but instead be taken into consideration by the company's management. I'm just disappointed- and frustrated of the failure to act when fully capable....someone is using my smart tv (including services like Netflix, YouTube, etc) but I didn't expect them to take my situation seriously- because I didn't think y'all would sell-out...sad.
  2. tdavismann

tdavismann New Member

Note: I also had an additional $2500 worth of possessions stolen, and with a helping hand- Google could be the key to recovery of the other stolen property...I feel like an ant (with a credit card).
  3. chopper

chopper New Member

Sorry you were the target of theft. Perhaps there is a way to catch thieves in the future ourselves.
    If you are able to install lost my phone tracking software. I am not sure if this would work or not you may be able to track the thieving b's down. This would require help from our community. 1st we would need to side load one of the apps that do this and test it out to find one that works and then we would need to hope the new user uses GTV and hooks up to the net.

Right now you need to change your password on all your google and social networking accounts and any accounts your GTV was able to automatically sign in to!!!
  4. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

That seems to me to be something a police department should pursue, with a proper court order, Google should attempt track down where any stolen equipment might be. Without that, I believe there are legal ramifications for Google for providing any information to an individual about equipment, who is using it and where it might be. Have you suggested this tool to the police investigator? If the legal system can't be bothered with this, then I don't think we can expect Google to be.
  5. mardukeme

mardukeme Member

Not sure if this will work with Google TV, but if you goto the web version of Google Play Store. An choose a tracking software that is compatible with GTV. Click on install and Play store will ask which device you would like to install the software on. Choose your Google TV, and if the TV is online it will push the software to it. Hopefully you can track it then.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2