Quantcast

Video Play Back Problem on Chrome Browser

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by Bdarly, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Bdarly

Bdarly New Member

Greetings All,

I am repeatedly having issues with video play back on my browser for google tv. I am trying to watch a series of videos on an internet website. I have no problem watching them on my computer in Chrome, but whenever I open the Chrome browser on my Sony Google TV the video will play part way through and stop. It simply stops and nothing I do will make it resume. I have emptied cache, cookies, etc. I have rebooted. This only happens on Google TV and not on my computer.

The Problem: When watching video on the internet through Chrome and Google TV, the video will freeze part-way through and will not resume. This happens repeatedly. The same videos using the same browser work fine on my computer.

Can anyone suggest a solution?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Carla
  2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

It's hard to say without knowing what the specific web site is. If you want to post the name of the site I could test it with my Logitech Revue and report back.
  3. wilwith1l

wilwith1l New Member

of you're feeling adventurous you could check my site as well liveexercise.com and let me know if you also get no sound on the videos :D

- Wil
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  4. CatfishRivers

I tried liveexercise.com. I didn't feel like registering to watch a full show - so I watched the "Chiseled" preview (which was 1:34 in length). The sound played fine. I'm on Logitech Revue which is still on the 3.1 update. I have a wired ethernet connection for internet.
  5. Bdarly

Bdarly New Member

It's a members only website. I have no trouble viewing the videos on any other computer or even browser. I only have the problem on Google TV. The video plays about 3/4 of the way through and then stops...sound, video, everything. It will not load. If I go back to the home page, open the page where the video is, and restart it, it will play and then stop again 3/4 of the way through.
  6. CatfishRivers

Well I would suggest that as the video is playing and about half way through - go to settings and clear the cache. If it's a memory issue that might help....

Also what is your internet speed?
  7. wilwith1l

wilwith1l New Member

Thanks CatfishRivers... I actually had no issues when my Sony BD GoogleTV set top box was on 3.1 still also :/ I'm pretty much for sure at this point it's specific to the update.

- Wil
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯