Quantcast

Vizio Costar To Receive Google TV 3 Update And Tablet Voice Control App (Very Soon)

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by Wisdom, Jan 12, 2013.

1. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

Last edited: Jan 19, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

[​IMG]

Now that it has been confirmed the Vizio Co-Star will receive the Google TV 3 update with a designated Amazon Instant Video App (HD) .... My question now is will DTS be added into the Google TV 3 update package ...?

My next question is concerning the Android smartphone/Tablet voice control app, will it control live TV too ...? Similar to what you see in the above bottom photo without any delay, in other words will it be true direct voice command via your Android smartphone/tablet, like what you say is what you get instantly ....!

Without a doubt, the coming enhancements will add a lot of color and bling bling to the Vizio Co-Star with availability moving into brick and mortar store fronts very soon also .....

[​IMG]Amazon Instant Video-Google TVAmazon Mobile LLC[​IMG]

Coming Soon: Enjoy Amazon Instant Video (HD) on Google TV by downloading this free app. Amazo...
    [​IMG]Install
  3. heyted

heyted New Member

Hopefully the update will fix the Quick Guide. Has anyone been able to use the Quick Guide with the current version as it is shown in the original post picture above?
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

Well, Google was upfront about the PrimeTime Quick Guide, that it would also be updated later also with full working options, including the pop up sideways scroll bar across the bottom of the screen ...
  5. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

[​IMG]

This maybe the way the "Voice Control" Search/Go To Channel app will look on your Android smartphones/tablets .....!

Coming Soon: Enjoy Amazon Instant Video (HD) on Google TV by downloading this free app. Amazo...
    [​IMG]Install
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2013
  6. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

*Coming Soon: Enjoy Amazon Instant Video (HD) on Google TV by downloading this free app. Amazo...
    [​IMG]Install

Please Note: The above app requires a update from Google, which is the Google TV 3 update, as you see, it say "Coming Soon" ....
  7. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

[h=1]Google TV v3 demo video teases better search, mini-guide overlay and tablet control (Update) HD[/h] By Richard Lawler posted Oct 12th, 2012 at 9:42 AM58
    [HR][/HR]
    [​IMG]
    During Google I/O this summer the Google TV team promised more features were on the way -- the upgraded Google Play app just arrived -- and now it's posted a "sneak peek" video (embedded after the break) that shows us a few. As promised, there's second screen integration allowing users to browse live TV and streaming content on the app, then choose it so it starts playing on the TV. Much of the demo is focused on the big improvements it says it's made to search, with voice search that works across TV and the internet to quickly pull up specific content, content by genre or perform specific tasks like tuning in a particular channel or website like Google Maps ....

There's also a new mini-guide overlay based on its
    personalized TV & Movies app so you can get an idea of what else is on without jumping completely away from what you were watching. Getting cheaper hardware available from more manufacturers is just one part of the puzzle, we'll see if these improvements make Google TV a desired intermediary between broadcast television and internet streaming .....

Update: Someone may have goofed and released the vid accidentally, because it's been marked as private now. We did manage to grab a couple of snapshots though, check them out after the break.
    Update 2: As we suspected, this was definitely an accidental early release of the video so while these updates are certainly on the way, they may not be right around the corner. According to a Google spokesperson "We're excited to bring users the next version of Google TV's software in the months ahead, but have nothing further to announce at this time." And so the waiting game begins ....

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Google TV V3 from Google - Demo
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2014
  8. cephoto

cephoto New Member

[​IMG]
    This photo has me interested. This looks more like the voice commands from android 4.0+ (The red ring around the microphone that moves with the waveforms) than that from honeycomb. It also appears to be using the roboto font that was introduced in 4.0.

This is honeycomb...
    [​IMG]

This is 4.0+
    [​IMG]

Although the icon itself looks like the honeycomb icon.

I'm sure it won't, but would be great if this v3 update brought 4.0+ to Google TV! Just wishful thinking.

(Also that voice control on the Vizio tablet is just the Google TV Remote app)
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  9. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

The Google TV v3.0 won't bring ICS to GTV because the LG GTV televisions have already received the GTV v3.0 update and they are still running Honeycomb 3.2. The Co-Star update is essentially the same update that the LG GTV televisions have received.

However recently there was an article claiming that the new Hisense GTV televisions will launch with GTV v4.0 in the second quarter of 2013. I have heard nothing from Google either denying or confirming this. Perhaps if this is really true the Hisense GTV televisions might launch with ICS (android 4.0). The other GTV devices would also get the v4.0 update after the Hisense GTV televisions.. Here's to hoping -:)

http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/...n/7079-hisense-launch-google-4-0-tv-soon.html
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

Google TV is becoming very interesting all the time, I just pray that all of these add ons come to past very soon ...

*Coming Soon: Enjoy Amazon Instant Video (HD) on Google TV by downloading this free app. Amazo...
    [​IMG]Install
  11. kingzope

kingzope New Member

Any update to this? My co-star is still powered off and dormant while I wait/hope for AC3 playback built-in.
  12. Wisdom

Wisdom New Member

Kingzope,since the new v3.5.0 update have you actually tested AC3 audio playback on the Co-Star via Playpoint, Plex or the new GTVBox "ViMu" (GTVBox) ...?

The reason I'm asking you you this question, I have played some movies with AC3 5.1 audio and they have played very well without any type of audio conversion to the best of my knowledge ... I'm wondering did the last v3.5.0 update give us the ability to play AC3 audio ...
  13. kingzope

kingzope New Member

I don't want to turn this into too much of a double post but yeah I test it after every update using multiple files encoded at 720p and 1080p with AC3 audio and it still hasn't worked for me using the built in player, GTVBox, or plex. Now I can't say if it will or will not work over a network share but my files tend to be very large and (excuse my noobness) I think the high and fluctuating bitrate of my files keeps me from transcoding or simply streaming over the built-in wireless or LAN.